 Trains / *9049 (-20)
  Re: Need some help with some Train specs

(...) straighten that term out, but I take it to mean that a modeler starts with a car/kit and changes the things in the kit to turn the kit into the model they want to make. I saw a very good conversion of a steamer to a cab forward steamer. The (...) (24 years ago, 8-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Need some help with some Train specs

(...) I think it's very close to "O" gauge, but I'm sure someone out there will have a more exact answer. JohnG, GMLTC (24 years ago, 8-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Need some help with some Train specs

Basicly this is going to be a two part clinic, first an oral presentation with pictures and notes (intro, history, MOCs), then the second part is going to be interactive. I'm bringing track, power supplies, engines, train wheels and tons of bricks. (...) (24 years ago, 8-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Need some help with some Train specs

(...) Thats what I told the folks at the Greenberg show last weekend. Many of them ran off with a piece of track to measure it but I never asked what they came up with. Just say its "LEGO" gauge because Minifigs aren't to scale with "us" anyway (...) (24 years ago, 8-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Need some help with some Train specs

As I had mention a few months ago, I'm preparing a presentation to my local division of the NMRA on LEGO trains next week. I have most of the presentaion done, but would like to know if anyone knows the real gauge of LEGO track. I know it's "LEGO" (...) (24 years ago, 8-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: End of 9V train line?!

(...) To be honest, I don't think any AFOL has specific knowledge of the future of LEGO trains....yet;-) But I do know this: that rumors of the demise LEGO trains have been greatly exaggerated;-) I don't even know if they are keeping the 9 volt (...) (24 years ago, 8-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.trains)

  Re: End of 9V train line?!

(...) They have people that used to work for LEGO amongst them, so I'd say Ya they know someone :^) One thing about the train line, they don't seem to follow the 'normal rules' for themes. It usually has less sets in the theme and the theme runs (...) (24 years ago, 8-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.trains)

  Re: End of 9V train line?!

(...) Gee, I hope LEGO carries on with their line of trains. I'm just glad I'm back in! -Harvey (24 years ago, 8-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.trains)

  Re: End of 9V train line?!

(...) Well, what I want to see is DCC with automated everything. That would be the holy grail IMHO. I would gladly buy all new motors, points, transformer(s), etc to convert them over to DCC. Steve Martin martinsa@mail.com (24 years ago, 8-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: End of 9V train line?!

(...) Man, you guys at the GMLTC must know someone. I remember when I was all excited about the DUPLO trains being a good sign and in would jump Mr. Neigh-Saying 8-Wide to spread doom and gloom, but even he changed his tune a week or two ago (sorry (...) (24 years ago, 8-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.trains)

  Re: My newest creation, Hell Gate Bridge NY

(...) Don't forget Gianluca's bridge. I do not have the knowledge to categorize it with any authority, but it looks like and arch that is getting a little bit of help from a trussed deck. It too is a very nice bridge. The really neat thing about (...) (24 years ago, 8-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: End of 9V train line?!

(...) I have good reason to believe that the train line is not going away. That's all I'm willing to say at this point. ++Lar (24 years ago, 8-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.trains)

  Re: End of 9V train line?!

I asked the same question a few weeks ago. Bryan Kinkel wrote in message ... (...) disappointment (...) (24 years ago, 8-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.trains)

  Re: NELUG Train Show Pictures

In lugnet.trains.org, John R. Clark writes: <snip> (...) Well only 2 of us used non-standard LEGO stickers. One was me and the other was Tom Duggan, he did the U-Haul. I did the NELUG boxcar and the Construction Site boxcar. All I used was Clear (...) (24 years ago, 8-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.loc.us.ma, lugnet.general)

  Re: My newest creation, Hell Gate Bridge NY

See I learn something new every day. I know geometry but not much about structural engineering, so I saw an arch and figured it was an arch bridge. But now I have been inlightened, cool. jt (...) (24 years ago, 8-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My newest creation, Hell Gate Bridge NY

(...) Mighty Mac... (URL) (I've posted links to it in the past I think) (...) bridges that look like it in shape (with the inward sloping cantilever towers) or in expanse and it was a ground breaker in its day. My hero, D. B. Steinman, (1) took a (...) (24 years ago, 8-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My newest creation, Hell Gate Bridge NY

(...) If we are talking bridge spotting, I'll be crossing this (road) one today: (URL) I cross it, I'll be looking at this (rail) one: (URL) picture: (URL) are about 8 miles from my office. Scott A (...) (24 years ago, 8-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My newest creation, Hell Gate Bridge NY

I'm not a civil, thanks for refining my critique. (...) Oh, indeed, it looks nifty. It's just not an arch. I'm not competent to comment on whether trusses can't be pinned, though. While we are identifying arches, though, I thought Ben "April Fool" (...) (24 years ago, 8-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My newest creation, Hell Gate Bridge NY

(...) I was going to leave this, but now that you started... I agree that is not a arch, and I expect that is was modelled on a truss. However, I'd call it a frame as it is pin jointed (trusses, I think are not). However, to be a frame all the (...) (24 years ago, 8-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My newest creation, Hell Gate Bridge NY

(...) Well, no, I'd have to categorise it as a type of through truss. Hell Gate and Sydney Harbor Bridge, for example, are suspension arch bridges. Essentially all members below the arch are in tension and the deck is suspended from the arch. (The (...) (24 years ago, 8-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact