 Trains / *8979 (-20)
  Re: What does everyone think of the Freight and Crane Railway?

(...) No, it is based on some of the Euro engines, IIRC, LGB have a engine somewhat similar in concept. (I think Austrian NG) It's to Lego scale, so figure that it is supposed to be a ~1500 hp engine, so a bit bigger than a 44 tonner (which are (...) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: michigan lego train club to participate in GATS Jan 13-14

kai brodersen wrote in message ... (...) SHOW!!!...!!! Man, the Lego Trainiacs are on a roll at the moment! Hope you have as much fun as we (VLC) and NELUG did! Kevin (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.org.us, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: What does everyone think of the Freight and Crane Railway?

(...) I know this is an old topic, but I have something to say about the engine in this set. I intend to raise the headlights above the level of the end grilles, add an underbelly fuel tank, horns, and different windshields. When I'm done I'll post (...) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: "No Contact" Homebrew Train Sensor for Mindstorms

(...) I just looked through my pictures and I was surprised to find that I don't have any that show the sensor. I will snap a few close-ups tonight... I also like the idea of doing a more formal write-up with pictures, schematics, and part sources. (...) (24 years ago, 5-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: New MoC: Wagon repair shop

Huw, The accolades are duely pouring over your "wagon repair shop", and I agree. I can't say much more than has already been said. Bravo! I might add one comment and construction technic, if anyone is interested: I'm not sure if anyone has (...) (24 years ago, 5-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Automated RT - Acceleration with RCX

(...) They were avail as pack (URL) I picked up a few, I don't know if they still sell them. Dean -- Coin-Op's For Sale!: (URL) Lego Workshop: (URL) Lego Club: (URL) (24 years ago, 5-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: End of 9V train line?!

"James Powell" <wx732@freenet.victoria.bc.ca> wrote in message news:G5482z.2Lr@lugnet.com... (...) up (...) mocked up. (...) I keep waiting and hoping that perhaps "today is the day" Lego (or Lego Direct) reveals the fate of the 9V train line. Maybe (...) (24 years ago, 5-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: End of 9V train line?!

(...) I _don't think_ it will die. There is some very favorable evidence (stand up you six apostles of Lego trains...) that we may get some of what you mocked up. (at least, I am hoping) As well, now that S@H has instituted delivery in Germany, it (...) (24 years ago, 5-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  End of 9V train line?!

I've been just at Germans probably best online Lego® shop www.reimann.de . They have already some of the 2001s sets for sale, but I was really shocked, when I found out, that 9V points and crossings are discontinued in 2001! Does that mean we have (...) (24 years ago, 5-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: NELUG participates in December 2nd and 3rd Greenberg Show.

(...) That seemed a bit of a waste to me as well. (...) Actually this was the main reason for me. While designing my layout (in TD), most sections had 3 and 4 tracks side by side. It just didn't leave much room for roads and buildings. (...) I had (...) (24 years ago, 5-Dec-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.ma)

  Re: "No Contact" Homebrew Train Sensor for Mindstorms

At this point I don't have the sensor hooked to an RCX due to the fact that Santa hasn't brought me one yet (hint hint Santa). I currently have the sensor hooked into a Crestron Control system ((URL) The sensor is hooked to a digital I/O port that (...) (24 years ago, 5-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: NELUG participates in December 2nd and 3rd Greenberg Show.

(...) Well I can think of a couple reasons why we went with 4 wide tables (40.25"x40.25"). 1. It was more economical. If we were to do 3bp x 6bp you only get one table out of a 4'x8' sheet. This way you get 2 tables per sheet. 2. We liked the (...) (24 years ago, 5-Dec-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.ma)

  michigan lego train club to participate in GATS Jan 13-14

Hello fellow AFOLs and train guys, The michigan lego train club is to participate in the upcoming GATS train show January 13-14. We hope to have a layout of atleast 16x23'. We will have pictures as soon as we finish the show. THIS IS OUR FIRST (...) (24 years ago, 5-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.org.us, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Bulk train windows & doors

(...) Thanks for the message. Interesting and at a verry affordable price. Now hoping for the (2875 sloped brick 45 2x6x2/3)kind of train roof pieces, and the fun of building our own cars can begin . regards, Ludo (24 years ago, 5-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.nl, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: NELUG participates in December 2nd and 3rd Greenberg Show.

(...) used. I was nice to see some validation of using 4 baseplate wide tables. My table will be the same except my individual modules will be 2x4 baseplates square instead of 4x8. I'm hoping to transport the modules with the Lego on them, and I (...) (24 years ago, 5-Dec-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.ma)

  Re: Are 9V trains alive?

(...) I hope youre right. I would like to see more kind of points, and a return to the first 9v train models (and some 12V models where great too !). I hate those new models (4560/4561 & 4559). I bought some for the pieces but i don't build them. (...) (24 years ago, 5-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.trains)

  Re: "No Contact" Homebrew Train Sensor for Mindstorms

James, Are they directly wired to the RCX or is there a resister in series. BTW where is the web page on the electrical specs of the RCX and home brew sensors? I can't remember. SteveB (...) (24 years ago, 5-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: "No Contact" Homebrew Train Sensor for Mindstorms

Chris, Another great little sensor for train detection, via Radio Shack, is the little photo sensors they sell. I put them inside of a 2x4 technic plate and then snap them face up on the track. This way they use the omni light from the room as the (...) (24 years ago, 5-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics)

  reed switch w/2^n series resister

Chris If I understand correctly you can add a series resister to each reed switch using the formula r=2^n*R. Where n is the number of each switch (1,2,3...) and R is some resistence value that is friendly to the RCX. This way you can add several (...) (24 years ago, 5-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: "No Contact" Homebrew Train Sensor for Mindstorms

(...) This is a great idea. I will talk to Chris about it and we can try and document it with pictures on the NELUG site. Eric Kingsley The New England LEGO Users Group (URL) (24 years ago, 5-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact