 Trains / *8419 (-20)
  Guinness 2000 Record Wind-up and original record

Hi all, a soon as we complete our documentation package, everything is submitted to the Guinness committee. So far, it looks good. A full report and more pics are also in order - hopefully soon. Resonding to a request from Sonnich Jensen, here's a (...) (24 years ago, 31-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains) !

  Re: Is it poosible that convert 4.5v/12v to 9v?

(...) That isn't strictly true. It would be pretty hard to put a 4.5v motor into a many of the 9V and 12V engines. (24 years ago, 31-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  thanks for voting me cool lego site of the week

Thanks to everyone who voted (URL) Cool Lego Site of the week. I'm not worthy, I'm not worthy. FYI, we are working on Metro Plaza now. This is a town centre with the Metro Terminus on one side, and buildings on the other. A couple of office blocks, (...) (24 years ago, 31-Oct-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Acela ver2: Magnetic nose coupler

Jumping in to add my voice to the 6 vs 8-wide thing. 8-wide has been fun. I think the biggest advantage is the extra interior room. Big cars look cool, but when you can open them up and have great interiors the coolness factor goes WAY up. The three (...) (24 years ago, 31-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Acela ver2: Magnetic nose coupler

Hi James, just checking the news before I will leave tomorrow.... (...) What could I do with 2 Snowspeeders, 4 Pumkins (all bricks are 2-wide ;-(( ) the artic headquarter and the superb Podracer Set?? I think I have to work it out!! (...) (...) (24 years ago, 31-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Acela ver2: Magnetic nose coupler

(...) I have wanted to do this ever since modeling the TGV. It is tough enough to get a few orange pieces. Even tougher to get enough orange for the TGV that I built. Then, to want to build a second orange TGV! I'm sure some LEGO fans have many more (...) (24 years ago, 31-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Is it poosible that convert 4.5v/12v to 9v?

Zhengrong- It will not be possible to use the 4.5 volt or 12 volt track with the 9 volt system. In the 4.5 volt track, the rails are plastic and the train run on batteries. In the 12 volt system, there is a metal strip which attaches down the middle (...) (24 years ago, 31-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Acela ver2: Magnetic nose coupler

Hi James, I am following your inavational process!! That's really great putting two locomotives nose-to-nose together! And the challenge is enormous with the narrow LEGO tracks. Should I start with an ICE 2 (using a similar coupling technology) (...) (24 years ago, 31-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: GMLTC going 8 wide

(...) :-) (...) (I stuffed the ballot box;-) (...) For most cars. J-1 refers to my impressive but long passenger cars, but hey, I'm modeling an 80 foot long train car here! Even at 60 studs I am compressing, so I will continue to "whine";-) (...) (...) (24 years ago, 31-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Is it poosible that convert 4.5v/12v to 9v?

Thanks, I knew something now, but is it possible to use old tracks? I mean 4.5v or 12v tracks? Then how about the wide and height of train? I asked such problems as I still have any train sets or parts until now! Br Zhengrong (24 years ago, 31-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: GMLTC going 8 wide

(...) EXCUSE ME????? What sort of revisionist history rewrite is this???? John Neal whined for months for the GMLTC to go 8-wide instead of 6-wide. And after we couldn't take his whining anymore we broke down and voted 'yes'. And NOW he wants us to (...) (24 years ago, 31-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

"Zhengrong Zang" <mikezang@iname.com> wrote in message news:39FEAB74.3A8709...ame.com... (...) my 7722 is 'converted' to 9v, simply by putting a 9v motor in place of the 4.5v motor. You must think about the motor and the train set as separate items (...) (24 years ago, 31-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  RE: Is it poosible that convert 4.5v/12v to 9v?

Yes you can use most of you rolling stock on both kind of tracks. You may have some problems with 12V wheels on 9V tracks, but I have solved that by using bismuth in bricks (I will have some more about that on my homepage in 2 weeks). Lego bricks (...) (24 years ago, 31-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Is it poosible that convert 4.5v/12v to 9v?

I know at the moment, 9v is the standard and RCA and new products will use 9v, too. I found some of 4.5v/12v sets or parts are very cheaper, I want to know if it is possible to use most of 4.5v/12v sets or parts in 9v system except electric system? (...) (24 years ago, 31-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: What does MOC mean?

(...) It's here: (URL) see lugnet.faq -Frank (24 years ago, 31-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  RE: What does MOC mean?

Just browsed her pages - couldn't find it. Anyone has that URL? Sonnich (...) I think this is in the acronym FAQ that Shiri maintains. In our hobby, it means "My Own Creation", and this is true across all subinterests, not just trains. However in (...) (24 years ago, 31-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: What does MOC mean?

(...) I think this is in the acronym FAQ that Shiri maintains. In our hobby, it means "My Own Creation", and this is true across all subinterests, not just trains. However in some related toy and figure collecting hobbies you will see it used to (...) (24 years ago, 31-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  What does MOC mean?

Sorry I am a new comer in LEGO Train, does anyone tell me what MOC exact mean? Thanks! Zhengrong (24 years ago, 31-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Six-wide train windshield

(...) Ah, that'll do. Much more affordable. But the part is PRINTED in 6453. I'll have to whip out my Brasso! As for the lack of a hinge, well, I wasn't actually planning to hinge this windshield the "standard" way, from the top rear. I can work (...) (24 years ago, 31-Oct-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Acela ver2: Magnetic nose coupler

(...) Trollman, that's exactly the myth, the myth (Yeth?;) I have been talking about. There really isn't any big difference between 8 wide and 6 wide except that when you look at a 6 wide from its ends, it looks too tall for its width and looks (...) (24 years ago, 31-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact