 Trains / *7319 (-20)
  Re: non-Lego elements (was: Re: World Record LEGO Bridge)

(...) My $0.02: LEGO ZNAP uses all the same basic unit measurements as LEGO SYSTEM and LEGO TECHNIC. LEGO ZNAP includes a few pieces (short axle connectors come to mind) that are identical in form and color to LEGO TECHNIC. LEGO ZNAP is just as much (...) (24 years ago, 24-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  Roof parts for 7740 available in other sets?

I own a single yellow 22° standard roof brick in 3x3x1. (I do not mean the corner brick at the front and rear side of the engine.) Does this brick come in any other set? My brick looks very shiny and new: so I do suppose it's not from a 7740. But (...) (24 years ago, 24-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Added Instructions to Website

SD40-2 Instructions are online! LMKWYT. thanks, Tom "James J. Trobaugh" <james@ngltc.org> wrote in message news:FznqnD.AAA@lugnet.com... (...) if (...) (24 years ago, 24-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Fanzine underway- Coloumist/Article writer needed!

Hi, my name Is Alex Farlie, I hope that by now Lugnet has heard about my intetions to get together a fan- writen web-zine. Mecaano magzine style- Lego(R)realted Content. As the lego Trains range is VERY popular I intende to include a coloumn and/or (...) (24 years ago, 24-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: non-Lego elements

(...) It's made by LEGO, it's designed to work with 'normal' LEGO bricks. I see absolutely no problem with using Znap and considering it 'pure LEGO'... When I first saw Technic sets I didn't like them, because I didn't think they were 'real LEGO'. (...) (24 years ago, 24-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  Re: World Record LEGO Bridge

(...) Master.........ummmm aka Monorail Master? (24 years ago, 24-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  non-Lego elements (was: Re: World Record LEGO Bridge)

(...) Why does the Znap qualify? Please check all that apply: (1) Because it was sold under the Lego name. (2) Because it has holes that Technic pins fit in. (3) Some other reasons (please state). Things to think about: * If TLC bought Knex, would (...) (24 years ago, 24-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  Re: World Record LEGO Bridge

(...) I don't know what if any record there is, but I'm going to try to set/break it in one month at our show here in Edmonton. I read about a 30" (one table) span at a PNLTC show, and Tim Courtney's sounds like it would be about a two table span. (...) (24 years ago, 24-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  Caboose height....

Well, after posting and asking I discovered that one of the pictures I downloaded as a guide had the answer I was looking for. On this page (URL) is a picture of a caboose right behind a box car (URL) main roof line of the caboose is below the roof (...) (24 years ago, 24-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: World Record LEGO Bridge

(...) work that I don't (yet) have the budget to challange. I wrestle with the use of string as a non-LEGO element, (the Znap qualifies) but suspension bridges allow for much greater span lengths. One might even say they have an unfair advantage for (...) (24 years ago, 24-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  Re: Would like to know if anyone has any train stickers to sell

(...) sets.........Try BAYLIT he has stickers under Misc (24 years ago, 23-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Would like to know if anyone has any train stickers to sell

Does anybody have any of the <-O-> stickers sold in sets such as 4565, 4556, ect. that they don't want? I'm a LEGO purist who doesn't put any other types of stickers on my trains, so I'm willing to buy these sticker sets. (24 years ago, 23-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: World Record LEGO Bridge

(...) into (...) at (...) I also had the problem of twisting/rolling at first when a train crossed. This seemed to be reduced when I added the stretchers across the width of the span at intervals, although there was still some roll. Even before the (...) (24 years ago, 23-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  Re: PNLTC breaks guiness record!

(...) Connected and crossed by a train. I think the record requires both that the track be contiguous and formed into a layout, and that a train of some sort traverse it. (...) The train itself I don't think was all that long! 6-8 cars with the (...) (24 years ago, 23-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: PNLTC breaks guiness record!

(...) I'm presuming Ben / David means 7752 pieces of track connected? In lugnet.trains, Tony Hafner writes: (...) I'm very interested in the technical details of this project. How many motors and how far apart were they spaced? How did you keep it (...) (24 years ago, 23-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: World Record LEGO Bridge

(...) <snip> (...) Hi Wayne, I'm sorry if my post sounded like I was challenging the authenticity of your accomplishment - I figured that since your bridge was evaluated for span length, it was able to stand unaided. From my own (shorter-span) (...) (24 years ago, 23-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  Re: World Record LEGO Bridge

(...) Jeff, First, to alleviate any rumors to the contrary, there is no support anywhere along the span except the string. It was placed within a couple of inches of the floor to provide a reduced amount of rail climb. The officiating took into (...) (24 years ago, 23-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  Re: Relative height of cars and cabooses

(...) Another one of the reasons for the uniform height of most cars was so you could switch cars with people on top of them, controlling the moves via relayed hand signals. Handbrakes also used to be located on top of the cars, and later, on the (...) (24 years ago, 23-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Relative height of cars and cabooses

(...) Hence the PRR's early use of all steel cabeese. However, it was illegal in some areas to put the pushers behind the caboose, they had to be cut in in front of the caboose. One simple reason why: who cares if a coal car is converted into (...) (24 years ago, 23-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Relative height of cars and cabooses

(...) Right. And cabeese in hilly country often had to have specially reinforced frames because they might have several pusher units coupled on behind them to help get over steep grades. ++Lar (24 years ago, 23-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact