 Trains / 7043
Re: World Record LEGO Bridge
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.build
Date:
Thu, 24 Aug 2000 00:17:27 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Reinhard "Ben" Beneke writes:
In lugnet.trains, Wayne R. Hussey writes:

Wayne, thanks for posting this interesting informations about your bridge.
In fact I was highly interested to get to know more abaout it.
So far it was my bridge to hold the record (and from purists view it
still might be).  If you don't know what I'm talking about, take a look:
http://www-public.tu-bs.de:8080/~rbeneke/lego/bridges/bridges.html

As a large scale builder myself I must commend you both.  Very impressive
work that I don't (yet) have the budget to challange.  I wrestle with the
use of string as a non-LEGO element, (the Znap qualifies) but suspension
bridges allow for much greater span lengths.  One might even say they
have an unfair advantage for span length.  I suppose ultimately that's
the beauty of LEGO.  Make one, then take it apart and make the other...

SRC