 Trains / 7052
Re: non-Lego elements (was: Re: World Record LEGO Bridge)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.build
Date:
Thu, 24 Aug 2000 23:17:05 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Charles Eric McCarthy writes:
SRC wrote:
I wrestle with the use of string as a non-LEGO element, (the Znap
qualifies)

Why does the Znap qualify?  Please check all that apply:
(1) Because it was sold under the Lego name.
(2) Because it has holes that Technic pins fit in.
(3) Some other reasons (please state).

My $0.02:

LEGO ZNAP uses all the same basic unit measurements as LEGO SYSTEM and LEGO
TECHNIC.

LEGO ZNAP includes a few pieces (short axle connectors come to mind) that are
identical in form and color to LEGO TECHNIC.

LEGO ZNAP is just as much "LEGO" than LEGO BELVILLE or LEGO SCALA.

--Todd

p.s.  We have a lot LEGO ZNAP in the house and I analyzed all of the elements
a few months ago...that's how I came to the opinions above.