 Trains / 7045
Re: World Record LEGO Bridge
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.build
Date:
Thu, 24 Aug 2000 00:30:20 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Jeff Elliott writes:
This brings up another question - has anyone attempted to set a
record for a monorail bridge?  It seems a shame to have such a large,
unsupported span of dual train track, only to put a monorail track
with stanchions right beside it :)

I don't know what if any record there is, but I'm going to try to
set/break it in one month at our show here in Edmonton.  I read
about a 30" (one table) span at a PNLTC show, and Tim Courtney's
sounds like it would be about a two table span.  (Feel free to
correct me Tim.)  I'm aiming for a three or perhaps four table
span - something over 100".  Hopefully my biggest obstacle will be
having enough room to display it, since we're only allowed a
three by four (table) display area, and Michel has it filled with
trains already.  :-)

SRC
aka Monorail Master