 Trains / 7048
Re: non-Lego elements
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.build
Date:
Thu, 24 Aug 2000 14:02:28 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Charles Eric McCarthy writes:
SRC wrote:
I wrestle with the
use of string as a non-LEGO element, (the Znap qualifies)

Why does the Znap qualify?  Please check all that apply:
(1) Because it was sold under the Lego name.
(2) Because it has holes that Technic pins fit in.
(3) Some other reasons (please state).

It's made by LEGO, it's designed to work with 'normal' LEGO bricks.  I see
absolutely no problem with using Znap and considering it 'pure LEGO'...

When I first saw Technic sets I didn't like them, because I didn't think they
were 'real LEGO'.  (Argh!  I was a fool!  I missed out on so many cool sets!)
Now I use Technic pieces in almost everything I build.

What about using Duplo, or 'Baby' (or whatever they're calling it this
week)??  The entire "LEGO System" is designed to work together - that's one of
the things that makes it great.

If LEGO buys knex, and they decide to integrate the two different lines, that
will just give us MORE pieces to play with.  Although, it would also give us
more pieces to sort and store...  ;-)

JohnG, GMLTC
  fut .build