 Trains / *7069 (-20)
  Re: A real live working LEGO Shelf railway...

(...) Thanks for the wonderful response to this both online and off. I have taken several of the questions that have been asked and tried to answer them below. I have also included some of my experiances and insites into this type of project. First (...) (24 years ago, 8-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.fun.crafts)

  Getting rid of that 'lawnmower'look with set 4533

Can anybody tell us what they have done interesting to their 4533 snow remover.I myself have made it a full body unit with a cab (all blue)... -Harvey (24 years ago, 8-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: eBay Outrageous prices!

(...) Ditto for me, too. (...) And as an active eBay Lego buyer, I have also had to just shake my head in amazement while watching another person drive a price through the roof. And I do pity the seller (most of the time), as they have to deal with (...) (24 years ago, 8-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: eBay Outrageous prices!

Nick Crocco <swatlego@aol.com> wrote in message news:Fyy804.G46@lugnet.com... (...) worth (...) Out of (...) $100 (...) in (...) rather ripping himself off. There was no reserve and the opening bid was $19.95, so the seller isn't trying to rip a (...) (24 years ago, 8-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)

  (canceled)

  Re: eBay Outrageous prices!

(...) mint package unopened... It's only 3 years old... I mean, you can get a metroliner for less than $200... Geeze... ~Nick (URL) (24 years ago, 8-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: eBay Outrageous prices!

Nick, A scam is afoot--unless this "iwata" guy actually thinks this set is worth $295. I just wrote him an email telling him he's getting ripped off. Out of concern for my fellow, SANE LegoManiac. By the way, I sold this set, opened but in good (...) (24 years ago, 8-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)

  eBay Outrageous prices!

In June, I purchased a mint out of package (w/ original package included) 4559 Cargo Rail for $92. I felt I got a pretty good deal. The person lived about 10 min away from me so the shipping was nil, all the parts were clean, seperated into plastic (...) (24 years ago, 8-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)

  NMRA 2000 Successful

Well, the show was both stressful and successful. Many positive comments and it looks like we have a good amount of momentum to go on. We even came across a Lego Train Fan who knew nothing of Lugnet or BayLUG, but had been building Lego Train MOCs (...) (24 years ago, 7-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug) !

  Newly revised and updated web page

Hi. I've spent the weekend hunched over my computer at home working on my "New Improved" web page design. Boy, its not as easy as you guys make it look, that's for sure! Anyway, I am now inviting you all to come visit my newly updated site. Its: (...) (24 years ago, 7-Aug-00, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains, lugnet.build, lugnet.build.arch)

  Re: NMRA show (the first of many?)

Another "future" point that Mike & I talked about: a "drive-in" featuring a laptop showing a looping presentation of LUGNET train MOCs. This file could easily be created as a Powerpoint "pack & go" executable - it could even run on my Jornada 820, (...) (24 years ago, 7-Aug-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: NMRA show (the first of many?)

(...) It depends on the date; I'm producing the West Coast A Cappella Summit on Nov 18/19, so that weekend is out. (...) I will volunteer for the Hayward event; I don't mind talking all day, either. We can figure out what to say.... I have enough (...) (24 years ago, 7-Aug-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: What's up PNLTC?

Speaking of cars, I believe that I have my Black tanker car (Castle wall corners on their sides and 6 wide radar dishes on the ends) still there. I suppose you could slap a BAYLTC logo on it and send it to Portland. That would at least get it in the (...) (24 years ago, 7-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains)

  Re: A real live working LEGO Shelf railway...

(...) Did someone say Pink?? Check out: (URL) nice, Eric. Oh, and BTW, no worries-- the only cars that experienced irreparable decal damage were the GMLTC's, LUGNET's, and the GMLUG's, although bitter Bob did take a nasty fall.... We are making (...) (24 years ago, 7-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: Digital train control?

(...) Yup, WAMALUG's Tom Cook was the first (I believe) to do such things, and it works pretty cool... Check out his page at : (URL) click on the "DCC Project" on the toolbar :) Dan (24 years ago, 7-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Digital train control?

I've had a look in a electronic store the day before yesterday called Conrad Elelektronik (in Germany and Austria). I found a digital train control set to build yourself. I would like to know if ever someone tried to combine digital train controls (...) (24 years ago, 7-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: A real live working LEGO Shelf railway...

(...) Nice work. It's neat seeing how many of the Model Railroad "standard tricks" eventually get done in Lego as well. I agree with James, a nice slow running train may be just the thing to lull baby to sleep. So if it's a girl are you going to (...) (24 years ago, 7-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.fun.crafts)

  Re: A real live working LEGO Shelf railway...

(...) Eric, Truly a nice piece of handy work and a great way to bring in the next generation of Lego fan. I thought I'd be 50 before I could justify getting a train. I'm going to show my wife your pictures as soon as I can. My Lego is in the (...) (24 years ago, 7-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.fun.crafts)

  Re: A real live working LEGO Shelf railway...

Very cool indeed Eric!! What's the noise level like? I would think being that close to the ceiling you'd get quite a bit of noise, of course it being a steady sound of the trains running across the tracks could be a good thing. I think that would (...) (24 years ago, 7-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.fun.crafts)

  Re: A real live working LEGO Shelf railway...

(...) Hmmm, I wonder if I could do something like that in my apartment.... (24 years ago, 7-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.fun.crafts)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact