 Trains / 6799
Re: Digital train control?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 7 Aug 2000 05:07:01 GMT

On Mon, Aug 07, 2000 at 04:55:34AM +0000, Michael Lachmann wrote:
I've had a look in a electronic store the day before yesterday called Conrad
Elelektronik (in Germany and Austria). I found a digital train control set
to build yourself.

I would like to know if ever someone tried to combine digital train controls
with lego trains?

What I know is that this kind of controls normaly run at arround 18V, but
Lego trains run at 9V ... so I believe without any modification I would burn
out the train motor.

Yup, WAMALUG's Tom Cook was the first (I believe) to do such things, and it
works pretty cool... Check out his page at :

http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/cook_thomas/

and click on the "DCC Project" on the toolbar :)

Dan