 Trains / *5097 (-20)
  Re: Pictures of GFLTC at GATS Ft Myers on our stie...

Robin, Thanks, after going to your site I now remember seeing it. Chris (...) (25 years ago, 21-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Pictures of GFLTC at GATS Ft Myers on our stie...

(...) I used stickers on the front nose, but the rest of the stripe is bricks and plates. I just couldn't get the nose right with parts. Not the way most of you would of done it, but it works for me. (...) More pictures of the bus coming soon. I (...) (25 years ago, 21-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: Pictures of GFLTC at GATS Ft Myers on our stie...

(...) Chris The blue and red caoch you see is a train I made to look like the classic 12 volt 7740 Electric Inter-city train set, but I didn't have the yellow parts. See (URL) pictures of the Superliner coming soon... Robin W. GFLTC (25 years ago, 21-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Pictures of GFLTC at GATS Ft Myers on our stie...

I just noticed that a blue and red caoch is hiding in the bottom level of your train station. I cannot find it anywhere else. What is it? A complete train, a coach? By the way, the Super Liner is impressive. It really captures the look of a Super (...) (25 years ago, 20-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Pictures of GFLTC at GATS Ft Myers on our stie...

Firstly may I congratulate you on quite a brilliant layout, I love the station. I really think that the Amtrak diesel in gats00fm11.jpg (a P42?) is impressive. How did you the continuation of the tricolour lines on to the nose of the locomotive? (...) (25 years ago, 20-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  RE: Non-Lego trains, anyone?

(...) Well, I have my own badly scratched up Classic doors. I even have some slides of me 30 years ago with a Marklin HO train set (still have it) and some neat LEGO buildings I made. I even had some of the old HO scale LEGO trucks - if only I (...) (25 years ago, 20-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  Re: Non-Lego trains, anyone?

(...) It could work, but then Gary Istok would have competition for classic windows and doors since the 1x2x3 classic door is what is in scale with HO. (25 years ago, 20-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  Non-Lego trains, anyone?

Hi all, I figured I'd post this to both groups to get an idea of how people feel about this idea I just got. I had spent a bit of time yesterday playing with my 3 year old and I made him the rig you see here... (URL) Well, with all of the discussion (...) (25 years ago, 20-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  "Site" (was Re: Pictures of GFLTC at GATS Ft Myers on our stie...

Note, that should be SITE, not Stie. (sounds like Sty as in pig sty, which this site definitely is NOT... it's neat) Can't believe I missed this nitpick opportunity at first. FUT o-t.pun :-) ++Lar (25 years ago, 20-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains, lugnet.off-topic.pun)

  Re: Future Wild West Possibilities

(...) Hi Gary, that's really interesting. I hadn't heard of those bricks before (and I'm a quite new Lugnet reader, so I missied your old post). Thanks for posting it again! Regards, Ben (25 years ago, 20-Mar-00, to lugnet.western, lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Pictures of GFLTC at GATS Ft Myers on our stie...

Very nice Amtrak Superliner train set. The custom striping on the locomotive cab blends very well in the photograph. I like the lower nose/coupler on the loco, too. Nice work! Love the tall Superliner coaches, as well. That is a handsome train set. (...) (25 years ago, 19-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Edited web page

Your site is really neat. The blue text on the black background is very hard to read. Bob "James Powell" <wx732@freenet.victoria.bc.ca> wrote in message news:Frn050.Doz@lugnet.com... (...) chopped (...) one) (...) (25 years ago, 19-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: NGLTC at NMRA show pics up on the web site

thanks for the reminder. Make it four, then... (...) (25 years ago, 18-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains)

  Edited web page

I've done some more editing of my web page at: (URL) a look at the train bits and pieces, and LMK what you think. I've chopped some stuff ( a few pictures) and added other pics (the track workers for one) James P (25 years ago, 18-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: NGLTC at NMRA show pics up on the web site

You can visit the pics directly at (URL) and bypass the rest of the site and the frames. (...) -- ---...--- James J. Trobaugh North Georgia LEGO Train Club (URL) (25 years ago, 18-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Pictures of GFLTC at GATS Ft Myers on our stie...

(...) All the LEGO Trains and etc. at the Ft. Myers show are my own, the other club members didn't make the trip. The station is a three sided model not much to the other side (all the picture are from the front of the display). I'll get more (...) (25 years ago, 18-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains, lugnet.build.arch)

  Re: UK Reddifest Train Layout

(...) We call it a terminus as opposed to a through station. (...) Some stations have 4 tracks with 3 platforms - North, South and an Island platform, for larger stations more Island platforms are added for every two tracks. P T T P T T P T T P etc. (...) (25 years ago, 18-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Pictures of GFLTC at GATS Ft Myers on our stie...

(...) Direct link to JPEGs or GIFs on XOOM sites, don’t always work so try this: (URL) “GALLERY” (yellow tab) and Pick “GATS FT. MYERS 2000” (under tabs) 5th and 7th picture down from top... (...) Yes it’s a Calf, I made it because I wanted a second (...) (25 years ago, 18-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains)

  Re: NGLTC at NMRA show pics up on the web site

(...) Don't forget that the BayLTC logo is a take off on the BART logo. Mike Poindexter (25 years ago, 18-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Pictures of GFLTC at GATS Ft Myers on our stie...

Check this out... (URL) a 4563 engine. Nothing special, right? But it has a calf. At least that's what I think it is, you can't see the trucks to be sure. But I've not seen many calfs done before. (a calf is RR slang for a cabless switcher unit. A B (...) (25 years ago, 18-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact