 Trains / 4920
Re: Non-Lego trains, anyone?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.build
Date:
Mon, 20 Mar 2000 21:01:35 GMT

Ralph Hempel wrote:

Hi all,

I figured I'd post this to both groups to get an idea of
how people feel about this idea I just got.

I had spent a bit of time yesterday playing with my 3
year old and I made him the rig you see here...

<http://www.hempeldesigngroup.com/lego/bigrig/>

Well, with all of the discussion lately about containers,
I thought it might be fun to get a Lego train. Unfortunately
they just don't look right with my small trucks.

Then I pulled out some old HO track and had a brain wave....which
is often more dangerous than it sounds.

The track looks not too badly out of scale with a 4 stud
vehicle. What if someone was to take a standard HO locomotive
and dismember it, then reattach the guts to a Lego plate
or some such item. Wouldn't it be cool to have a "real" train
that everyone could afford space for, and still have Lego for
the rolling stock and buildings?

It could work, but then Gary Istok would have competition for classic
windows and doors since the 1x2x3 classic door is what is in scale with
HO.

--
Frank Filz

Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com