 Trains / *4037 (-20)
  Dirty Track

Does anyone have a way to keep that nasty black stuff from getting all over the rails of your layout? I just went through a whole box of kleenex getting my track clean again. And where exactly does that black stuff come from anyway? Cliff (25 years ago, 28-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Train Window Ideas (old and copied)

Larry Pieniazek wrote in message <3890E9D6.F2B5F3E0@v...er.net>... (...) that (...) Another way to handle the problem would be to add a column of 1x1 bricks on top of or below the windows. Now with 3 studs, you can use two Technic beams separated (...) (25 years ago, 28-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Train Window Ideas (old and copied)

(...) Yes. HOWEVER, the trick is to turn this piece sideways (so that the normal "back" is on the bottom), then put a plate on top. If you do that, the height is one brick, there is a stud AT THE BOTTOM EDGE of the face, and the stud is flush with (...) (25 years ago, 28-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: electromagnetic switcher engine

(...) I brought this idea up in lugnet.robotics a while ago. I'm interested in building an RCX controlled switch engine. The vague plans floating around in my head now involve cannibalizing a relay with the right specs to be driven by an RCX output (...) (25 years ago, 28-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: BayLTC Logo finished

Cutting out carefully is a drag! And in our case an oval is a hard shape to cut nicely. I thought about a die-cut cutter. My wife has a ton of them for her "creative memories" stuff. I bet an oval is available, although this would dictate the size (...) (25 years ago, 27-Jan-00, to lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.publish)

  Re: New Train Window Ideas (old and copied)

I thought that the 1x1 w/side stud was a recessed side stud. Wouldn't that leave a gap? I believe that we are going to be having these windows only get one stud on each side connecting this way. Even still, as long as they are staggered (one side on (...) (25 years ago, 27-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Train Window Ideas (old and copied)

(...) That it is! Love that piece! (...) Yes, and with the "bottom" having two attachment points, (1.2 and 1x1 w/side stud turned sideways) the top having only one should still be plenty to keep the windows securely held. (25 years ago, 27-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Train Window Ideas (old and copied)

(...) Huh? What do I know?? Which end are we talking about - the 'top' of the windows or the 'bottom'? For the bottom use Larry's favorite piece - the Technic 1.2 peg (or whatever it's called). For the 'top', use the same technique, but in reverse - (...) (25 years ago, 27-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Train Window Ideas (old and copied)

(...) What you want is studs arranged vertically that are the proper spacing apart. I think that the technic on the bottom and the 1x1 with side stud on top (turned sideways) will give you the proper spacing. Haven't checked. (...) Forgot about that (...) (25 years ago, 27-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: BayLTC Logo finished

That would apply to shades of gray as well. I would suspect that printing pink or yellow or light blue on a sticker that goes over a black piece will likely have some color bleed through, also. Why not just print the sticker on white adhesive paper (...) (25 years ago, 27-Jan-00, to lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.publish)

  Re: BayLTC Logo finished

Some bad news... As you all may know PNLTC has recently adopted a new logo ((URL) found that any logo with "white" in it has trouble! Most (99%) printers don't print white. So if you are going to print this on to clear stickers... The white comes (...) (25 years ago, 27-Jan-00, to lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.publish)

  Re: BayLTC Logo finished

I will fix that. Todd had mentioned it to me earlier, so I will just change it next time I work on the graphic file. Thanks, Mike Russell Clark <rclark@telis.org> wrote in message news:Fp0Kny.4yr@lugnet.com... (...) (25 years ago, 27-Jan-00, to lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.publish)

  Re: Pantograph powered LEGO trains?

Wow, Brian, These are really good models. I had not seen these until just now. Excellent work. I'm trying to visualize them without the stickers. Still would be great models! Very nice. later, James Mathis (...) my (...) (25 years ago, 27-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.gmlug, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: BayLTC Logo finished

(...) I just noticed something. It may be that I don't know the difference, but doesn't LEGO have a ® "circle R" after it and not the ™ "TM"? Russell (25 years ago, 27-Jan-00, to lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.publish)

  Re: New Train Window Ideas (old and copied)

(...) That's a good idea to use the 1x1 technic beam with a 1.21 techinic pin with stud end. I wonder if connecting with only one stud at either end would give the wall of windows to much freedom to rotate? Probably no problem since the wall of (...) (25 years ago, 27-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Pantograph powered LEGO trains?

James, I responded to your post earlier today but it didn't show-up so here's another try. I've been making Z-scale models under a microscope for years so Lego scale is a cakewalk in comparison. Kathryn, made in 1996, was decorated entirely with (...) (25 years ago, 27-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.gmlug, lugnet.trains.org)

  electromagnetic switcher engine

Has anyone looked into the feasibility of building a switcher with an electromagnet? It seems to me it would be simple, excluding the switch for the circuit. The switch would need to be remote to allow freedom of movement to the engine. The (...) (25 years ago, 27-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Pantograph powered LEGO trains?

(...) Let me just begin by saying these are incredible creations! Absolutely stunning. My question is WHERE are you buying these so called stickers? I'd like to know where you are finding sheets of green and gold stickers etc. Or are you just just (...) (25 years ago, 27-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.gmlug, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: New Train Window Ideas (old and copied)

For a right angle element, just use the 1x1 technic beam with a 1.2l technic pin with stud end. That one works fine and there are no mismatched lengths to worry about and no weird shapes on the back of it to worry about either. 1x1 brick with side (...) (25 years ago, 27-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Train Window Ideas (old and copied)

(...) vertical sides or hollows on two vertical sides. I think I got some from the green/black aquanauts sets called Aquaraiders(?). Maybe some came in Freestyle buckets? Anyone now of a current source for these side-stud/hollow bricks? Maybe 1x2 (...) (25 years ago, 27-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact