 Trains / *32325 (-20)
  Re: IT'S TOO DARN QUIET!!!!!!

(...) Thanks John The only thing I know for certain is that they cost me a lot more than 2 cents! I have built up quite a fleet of some of these cars, I have a sizable unit train of both spine cars (6x3) and bulk carriers (6x2) which are both very (...) (17 years ago, 23-Jan-08, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Long Span Suspension Bridge?

(...) Here's a 288 stud bridge Bob Kojima built: (URL) next to see a few more pictures. Frank (17 years ago, 22-Jan-08, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Long Span Suspension Bridge?

(...) I built one a couple of years ago that spans 128 studs, with two tracks. It's pretty minimal. I used double 1x16 technic bricks to support the deck, then combinations of technic bricks for the trusses. The deck is just strips of 2x16 plates (...) (17 years ago, 22-Jan-08, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Long Span Suspension Bridge?

(...) Dave- All our public images are posted on the (URL) SCLTC website>. This (URL) will take you to every photo that contains a bridge. Just click on the ones that interest you for a larger image. I'll gather some photos of the newest bridge and (...) (17 years ago, 22-Jan-08, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Long Span Suspension Bridge?

(...) Ted, Once again, you come through in spades! You always seem to have the answers I'm looking for. Do you have a Brickshelf folder or image gallery on the web where I can find a bunch of close-up pictures of your truss bridges? I want to get a (...) (17 years ago, 22-Jan-08, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Electronic brick (1968) schematics?

(...) Yeah, I understand. The standards on LUGNET have sunk to the point where just about *anyone* can post. I mean just *imagine* getting something as basic as that wrong... sheesh... (...) Funny, my students in my 100-level astronomy class said (...) (17 years ago, 22-Jan-08, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Long Span Suspension Bridge?

(...) How about some anecdotal pictures? This cable stayed bridge spans 192 studs and this arched truss bridge spans 288: (URL) This over truss bridge spans 192 studs: (URL) This under truss spans 192 studs and passed the 16 pound bowling ball in (...) (17 years ago, 22-Jan-08, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

"Dave Sterling smsrallysport.com>" <dave@ <spamsucks> wrote in message news:Jv2A1L.BAr@lugnet.com... (...) If you use a tensioned string support system underneath, you can go long distances with few parts. -Rob (17 years ago, 22-Jan-08, to lugnet.trains)

  Long Span Suspension Bridge?

Stacy and I are designing a small layout for Brickworld this year and we want/need to have a bridge in the layout. We've been working to design the layout using banquet tables (so I don't have to bring my own tables), yet we still want an open space (...) (17 years ago, 22-Jan-08, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: IT'S TOO DARN QUIET!!!!!!

(...) That was MORE than two cents worth, Chris! Excellent work! Especially the bethgon, which is a former project of mine:-) And if I might add to you and others who have posted in this thread: please start your own threads with new MOCs and (...) (17 years ago, 22-Jan-08, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Electronic brick (1968) schematics?

(...) seen the whole thing. In reading through it, I recalled reading it when it was fresh but lost interest when some yahoo screwed up the 3-4-5 right triangle angle measures... I'll admit right here that I know nothing of these M and Q and A (...) (17 years ago, 22-Jan-08, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Electronic brick (1968) schematics?

(...) That's OK, you must have missed the original thread I introduced this on, where I directly blamed you for my obsession: (URL) I guess I'll go back to building sets straight out of the (...) Well, that's almost all I did. It's just the box (...) (17 years ago, 22-Jan-08, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: IT'S TOO DARN QUIET!!!!!!

(...) ... snip ... Hello there fellow lurkers Now, I'll accept that I have been particularly lax in posting my achievements over the latter half of the last year, and John's message was just the kick up the a## I needed to stop lurking about and get (...) (17 years ago, 22-Jan-08, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Electronic brick (1968) schematics?

(...) Thanks, Brian, for providing once again that sick, humbling feeling that I'm now feeling. <sigh> I guess I'll go back to building sets straight out of the box according to the directions ... Rafe (17 years ago, 22-Jan-08, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: SCLTC finishes up year sixth winter show

(...) Peter, Because we had days when no member could be present at the layout to watch over the train functions, we tended to shorten the length of the trains during the show. The passenger car of the stock Christmas train was in a box under the (...) (17 years ago, 22-Jan-08, to lugnet.trains.org.scltc)

  Re: Electronic brick (1968) schematics?

(...) OK, I saw that and had to link to this: (URL) instinct, slightly more primitive implementation :). (17 years ago, 21-Jan-08, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Electronic brick (1968) schematics?

Ben, I was very happy to see your post when I checked today, after six months of being swamped with work and having too little time for this hobby. Thanks a lot for your high quality information! I can calm your purist sense by saying that my (...) (17 years ago, 21-Jan-08, to lugnet.trains)

  New (2007) Thomas Duplo Trains

I never saw any pics of these online, and I never got around to posting any myself, but better late than never, so (URL) here> they are. I will always have fond memories of a handful of us trainheads driving around one July night in Detroit while (...) (17 years ago, 21-Jan-08, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.duplo, FTX)

  Re: IT'S TOO DARN QUIET!!!!!!

(...) My PC broke and I have no internet from home (only my mobile phone) so I can only respond from work which I don't like doing too much. (...) No that's just laziness (although I did sneak in the one train). -- snipped IRL ;) -- (...) Thanks (...) (17 years ago, 21-Jan-08, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: SCLTC finishes up year sixth winter show

(...) I got to see it on New Year's day (free entry for San Diego county residents on Tuesdays, although I did make a donation from the paltry change I had). My only question that I didn't get to ask was the mystery location of the passenger car of (...) (17 years ago, 20-Jan-08, to lugnet.trains.org.scltc)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact