 Trains / *31075 (-20)
  Re: 'Proto' pics on Brickshelf

"Mike Walsh" <mike_walsh@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:JDro1A.GGJ@lugnet.com... (...) Replying to my own post - it was Jorn K. Thomson. Here is a link from the WaaaayBackMachine although the images are missing. (URL) Mike Walsh - mike_walsh (...) (18 years ago, 20-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 'Proto' pics on Brickshelf

"Tim David" <talltim@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:JDrMuo.xF@lugnet.com... (...) Those images appeared on LEGO.com/trains along with the profile of the profile of the LEGO designer (who's name escapes me) who designed the 10020 Santa Fe (...) (18 years ago, 20-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains)

  'Proto' pics on Brickshelf

Anyone know what these are? (URL) (18 years ago, 20-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 10183 LEGO Hobby Trains on ILTCO

(...) I don't know if they are credited anywhere in the set, but there are profiles for a few of the designers here: (URL) -Elroy (18 years ago, 20-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 10183 LEGO Hobby Trains on ILTCO

(...) Yes, no need for motors - soon John will be making trains so wide you can sit on them and propel them along with your feet - all the time making "chuff-chuff" and "woo-woo" noises. Then at last we can demonstrate how much the hobby has grown (...) (18 years ago, 20-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Hypothetically speaking? the future of IR/RC trains

(...) while the distance between the rails is identical the depth of the rail is not. unfortunetly this lets 4.5v trains run on 9v track but not the other way around because 9v train wheels have a longer flange depth.. ondrew (18 years ago, 20-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.parts.mod, FTX)

  Re: Hypothetically speaking? the future of IR/RC trains

(...) It's possible you could get reasonable running by butting them up against one another, but no, they're not really designed to click together. If you ask Ondrew nicely, he may be able to come up with a nice adapter solution though. ROSCO (18 years ago, 20-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.parts.mod, FTX)

  Re: Hypothetically speaking? the future of IR/RC trains

(...) **maniacal laughter** Bring back the 4.5 volt trains, with the good plastic track. That's what I'd like to see. And the cuuuuute little battery boxes! Bwah-hah-hah-hah-haaaaaah! Okay, seriously-- I never got the 9v train system; I sorta felt (...) (18 years ago, 20-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 10183 LEGO Hobby Trains on ILTCO

(...) Make that "who designed what." Marc Nelson Jr. (URL) Marc's Creations>> (18 years ago, 20-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 10183 LEGO Hobby Trains on ILTCO

(...) Are the AFOL designers credited? It would be neat to know what designed what. Sounds like a really neat concept, and one that I hope will be extended to other themes. Marc Nelson Jr. (URL) Marc's Creations>> (18 years ago, 20-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 10183 LEGO Hobby Trains on ILTCO

(...) I'll definitely be picking one of these up. Thanks for the pics, Mike! - Kelly (18 years ago, 20-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 10183 LEGO Hobby Trains on ILTCO

(...) Thanks for the update Mike! For me this is incredible good news! I will certainly buy 2 at least! I'd like to thank much all of the AFOL's committed to this awesome Project and also to the Lego Team involved and the LEGO Company to make this (...) (18 years ago, 20-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 10183 LEGO Hobby Trains on ILTCO

(...) The price point looks pretty good to me when you start comparing prices to Bricklink. Out of curiosity, I priced out just the train baseplates, doors, and sliding doors, and I was already up to $35 if I bought the parts from Bricklink. That (...) (18 years ago, 20-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 10183 LEGO Hobby Trains on ILTCO

(...) That's my complaint. The part list shows a lot of common parts: if I need bricks, there are a lot of great 1000-parts-buckets, but if I want to build a train, I need doors, windows, wheels, large plates and roof parts in large quantities. What (...) (18 years ago, 19-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 10183 LEGO Hobby Trains on ILTCO

"Me crys" If only other things were not a higher priority right now and I actually had some money to my name. Oh well in a few years. But then again I really don't plan on using train motors in the future..... You will have to wait and see.... ;) (...) (18 years ago, 19-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 7-wide Swiss Re 4/4 Electric Locomotive

(...) Last week I received a private request for building instructions for this Swiss Re 4/4 locomotive. The instructions are based on version 2. Here they are: (URL) Mathis (18 years ago, 19-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Two Soo Line GP38-2s and an Introduction

After seeing my local LTC's layout at the Ohio State Fair this past summer I started to take an interest in LEGO trains and town. The fact that I was becoming bored with space also helped a bit. ;-) After attending a COLTC meeting in October and (...) (18 years ago, 19-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 10183 LEGO Hobby Trains on ILTCO

(...) J-1!!!! Don't go! Join me on my 12 wide odyssey! J-2 (18 years ago, 19-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 10183 LEGO Hobby Trains on ILTCO

(...) This is a very nice looking set. I especially like the mix of models shown on the box: diesel & electric; freight & passenger; modern & steamers. The parts list looks to be mostly common pieces, so if someone wants to build a model in a (...) (18 years ago, 19-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 10183 LEGO Hobby Trains on ILTCO

(...) Compared to the prices of LEGO Factory models, the price point for 10183 seems reasonable to me. The train parts on Factory are quite expensive, causing some of my train creations to average close to 15 cents per brick (and complete trains to (...) (18 years ago, 19-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact