 Trains / *25960 (-10)
  Even more microscale MOCS

Hi all Don't mean to hog this newsgroup, but I thought you might want to see some more of my creations. I've really gotten into this microscale concept. Please LMKWYT. Mansion (more experimenting with the fountain, and a double staircase): (URL) (...) (20 years ago, 13-Dec-04, to lugnet.build.microscale, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Discussion of Train Table Sizes

(...) Kevin- That's an unsolved problem for us that gets worse when we are in a hurry and as the layout gets larger. When we are not rushed, we losen the bolts a little and jiggle things until the square tables just fall into place. For our current (...) (20 years ago, 13-Dec-04, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Discussion of Train Table Sizes

(...) I should point out that at SCLTC, we initially provided spring clamps for temporary connection ($0.99 each) or until bolts were installed, but decided that they really were not necessary. We use wing nuts and just fasten the bolts finger (...) (20 years ago, 13-Dec-04, to lugnet.trains.org, FTX)

  Re: Discussion of Train Table Sizes

(...) Kevin- I agree totally that making tables is -- or can be -- a lot of work. If all we ever did with the tables was set them up at matching heights at a show and then lay LEGO on them, it would definitely NOT be worth it. What does make it (...) (20 years ago, 13-Dec-04, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: In preparation for BrickFest '05

(...) I note that the loco in those pictures is not cloaked in Lego parts however. That was the hardest part for me. The front is made from two "6091 - Brick, Modified 2 x 1 x 1 1/3 with Curved Top". Of course, they got "adjusted" along with some of (...) (20 years ago, 13-Dec-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: In preparation for BrickFest '05

(...) Interestingly, youre not the first to have tried this. Phillipe Label has done it too: (URL) some great work there. what did you use for the loco front? I can't make out. Samarth (20 years ago, 13-Dec-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Discussion of Train Table Sizes

Here is what NELUG uses. Most of our tables are 40.25" x 40.25" or 4x4 32x32 baseplates. The extra .25" is to account for the fact that the baseplates are not exactly 10" square but ever so slightly larger. We also use some 40.25" x 20.125". Finally (...) (20 years ago, 13-Dec-04, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Discussion of Train Table Sizes

(...) The NBLTC has adopted a modular approach using 80 studs wide x 160 studs long standard table (module) size. This works for us but the overall design allows for a multitude of arrangements and optional sizes within the modular concept. (...) (...) (20 years ago, 13-Dec-04, to lugnet.trains.org)

"John Barnes" <barnes@sensors.com> wrote in message news:I8MqI5.1qLs@lugnet.com... (...) Excellent as usual JB. Are the cars and locos top heavy? Do they have trouble in speedy turns? Have you had any traction concerns on slopes? Rob (20 years ago, 13-Dec-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: In preparation for BrickFest '05

(...) Very Cute!! Good luck with your project. Ben Medinets (20 years ago, 13-Dec-04, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact