 Trains / 23828
Re: In preparation for BrickFest '05
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 13 Dec 2004 15:10:39 GMT

"John Barnes" <barnes@sensors.com> wrote in message
news:I8MqI5.1qLs@lugnet.com...
Yep! I've started on my project for next year's BrickFest already!

Of course, there's some brick modification involved, so read no further if
you
have a weak stomach.

With the growing interest in micro, BrickFest '04s fantastic micro room
and my
need to push the limits, I am happy to announce that I plan on adding a
functioning 2 wide layout to the BrickFest '05 micro room.

The really hard bit is done - proof of concept.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/johnbarnes/2wide/2wide.jpg

and a couple more pics after moderation.

This is based on N gauge running gear, so I had to come up with my own 2
wide
wagon plate, which wasn't too bad. The loco was harder, as the entire
structure
has to be hollowed out to make room for the motor.

So, electric 2-wide is alive and well.

JB

Excellent as usual JB.  Are the cars and locos top heavy?  Do they have
trouble in speedy turns?  Have you had any traction concerns on slopes?

Rob