 Trains / 23827
Re: In preparation for BrickFest '05
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 13 Dec 2004 15:11:40 GMT

In lugnet.trains, John Barnes wrote:
Yep! I've started on my project for next year's BrickFest already!

Of course, there's some brick modification involved, so read no further if you
have a weak stomach.

With the growing interest in micro, BrickFest '04s fantastic micro room and my
need to push the limits, I am happy to announce that I plan on adding a
functioning 2 wide layout to the BrickFest '05 micro room.

The really hard bit is done - proof of concept.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/johnbarnes/2wide/2wide.jpg

and a couple more pics after moderation.

This is based on N gauge running gear, so I had to come up with my own 2 wide
wagon plate, which wasn't too bad. The loco was harder, as the entire structure
has to be hollowed out to make room for the motor.

So, electric 2-wide is alive and well.

JB

Very Cute!!
Good luck with your project.