 Trains / *247 (-10)
  Re: 1999 Train 4561

(...) But the *size* of the sets is not being reduced. If anything, the mass and size of sets are increasing. Also, the Town Jr. parts are, on average, more complex than prior sets. More-complex dies/molds are more expensive to create, not less. (...) (26 years ago, 8-Dec-98, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 1999 Train 4561

(...) I'd guess that TLG is more focused on increasing the playing:building ratio, in favor of playing. That means reduced piece counts. But they probably count reduced costs as a plus. The drop-center doesn't affect the floor-to-ceiling height of (...) (26 years ago, 8-Dec-98, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 1999 Trains

Thinking about it, that lower black nose piece with the headlights in it must be new as well, the old one had slopes top and bottom, this just has them below. Which means they really did develop some new train pieces for '99, so that makes me even (...) (26 years ago, 8-Dec-98, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 1999 Train 4561

(...) Not so much the plastic, I think, as the molds/design/handlin...kaging/box size/shipping charges/etc.etc.etc. Jasper (26 years ago, 8-Dec-98, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 1999 Trains

(...) Whoops! You appear to be correct, I assumed it was from some space/underwater theme. I see that it does appear in 6453 a new Spaceport set but not any others. I guess the blue 6 wide sloped nose piece below the canopy is also new (I can't see (...) (26 years ago, 8-Dec-98, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 9volt motor problems -- I think

(...) I think first you need to remove the motor from your model and see if still works ok on its own. If it does, it sounds like your front wheels are lifting it off the track slightly and not allowing it to make a good electrical contact. Of (...) (26 years ago, 8-Dec-98, to lugnet.trains)

  9volt motor problems -- I think

I have a perplexing problem going on with my 9 volt train motor that I'm not sure if it's because the motor is bad or if it's because of improper construction techniques on my 4-4-0 steamer. I've been running my original-creation 4-4-0 around our (...) (26 years ago, 8-Dec-98, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 1999 Train 4561

(...) reduced (...) significantly (...) I definitely think this gets to the heart of the plague that is Town Jr. There's no other explanation for this kind of approach by a construction/building toy company. It's hard to believe ABS plastic is (...) (26 years ago, 8-Dec-98, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 1999 Train 4561

Eric Brok writes: > (...) Actually I think TLG is more concerned about keeping the cost down, reduced height means reduced piece counts, hence reduced cost. #4561 has significantly fewer pieces than #4558 Metroliner or #4559 Cargo Train. Matt (26 years ago, 8-Dec-98, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 1999 Trains

Matthew Bates wrote in message ... (...) trains (...) The train canopy is new for 99. It's used in other sets too, but my guess it was designed for this train because it's so fundamental to its look and is 6 studs wide (uncommon for non-train (...) (26 years ago, 8-Dec-98, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact