 Trains / *14879 (-10)
  Re: Gutter Talk

Thanks Mike!! (...) play area but not exactly the kind of detail on mounting we need. (...) Do you have a pic handy that shows underside or some mounting detail? (...) A wrinkle for us is that we are attaching to banquet tables supplied by GATS... (...) (23 years ago, 1-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Gutter Talk

"Scott E. Sanburn" <ssanburn@indalex.com> wrote in message news:GM4MvJ.CDJ@lugnet.com... (...) [ ... snipped ... ] (...) Here is a picture of our (NCLTC) gutters: (URL) are mounted with bolts that go through the gutter and then through the table (...) (23 years ago, 1-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Steam power (was: something else...)

(...) Since I'm quite sure you are arguing (Larry? Argue??) temperatures that are well above the range that LEGO trains run, I'd suggest .off-topic.geek... JohnG, GMLTC (23 years ago, 1-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Gutter Talk

To All, (Larry P suggested I post this here, originally in MLTC Yahoo Group) Like the title? : ) Anyway, I went to Lowe's last night, to get some ideas about the gutter's for the kids table, and I think I found a good solution. They had 10 foot (...) (23 years ago, 1-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Gray VS. Black Metroliner Nose

(...) I'm not, since that can lead to ratios greater than one which is wrong. It's (operating - ambient)/operating which means run in colder climates (absolute zero is ideal if you can find it... hence heat engines can be quite efficient in shaded (...) (23 years ago, 1-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Gray VS. Black Metroliner Nose

(...) You can challenge it all you want. But you're not arguing with ME, you're arguing with thermodynamics. (unless you can show I've misapplied it) (...) and I bet their operating temperature differential is higher, too, being stationary. That's (...) (23 years ago, 1-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Brickish Railways newcomer

(...) Just take a look at the instruction of 2126. It works with the same design, that you should use. (URL) Regards, Ben My homepage: (URL) no. 1 building contest: (URL) (23 years ago, 1-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Brickish Railways newcomer

Hi Despite the fact that I play with trains all day at work I have finally given up resisting the lure of Lego ones. I have just taken delivery of a Small My Own Train and a wagon plate kit so I can look into how it all works and I have a few (...) (23 years ago, 1-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Gray VS. Black Metroliner Nose

(...) I'd take serious challenge to that statement. The best steam only power plants are in the 45-47% range of effiency (input to output). Mind you, they DON"T MOVE!... When done correctly, steam has a cycle effiency of ~12% on the rails (I can get (...) (23 years ago, 1-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Mindstorms Automatic Train Control Questions

(...) 2x6 plate with the middle 8 studs removed, and pressed onto the track lengthwise. Then, an RCX hidden in a signal box (switching house, or whatever you call them in the US) controlled a barrier crossing. Hands up all those at Thames Valley (...) (23 years ago, 1-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact