 Trains / *14794 (-20)
  Re: Does anyone know how to modify a train controler?

(...) So, you mean that heavy trains would actually be able to run slowly instead of not running at all at settings like 1, 2, or 3? Hmm... an IR remote receiver, would it be IRDA compliant? could I run it from my Mac? :) Would you be able to make (...) (23 years ago, 27-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Does anyone know how to modify a train controler?

(...) Sigh, I meant use a SECOND 9 volt Regulator, NOT the same one your controlling the trains with. Geez... (...) Two controllers works just fine. (...) If you mean do I crash trains all the time, sadly yes, but it's not my fault! Dean (23 years ago, 27-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Does anyone know how to modify a train controler?

How many out there are interested in a non-LEGO circuit board that can physically directly replace the one in the LEGO controller? It would provide nice linear pulsed (smooth at slow speeds) speed control. How much would you spend, $20, $40, $60? I (...) (23 years ago, 26-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Does anyone know how to modify a train controler?

(...) And you also have trains all over the floor, if you happen to have just the one controller. Thank you, but I'll take it under advisement :-) The point is that you take off a steady 9V and feed it into a bank of polarity switches. These then (...) (23 years ago, 26-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Black and White Box

All of the Legends and Shop at Home only kits (Sopwith Camel, Statue of Liberty) I've purchased have come in a B&W box. It's my assumption it was done as a cost saver. Robert Powell SCLTC (23 years ago, 26-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 10017 Hopper Wagon - simply a great set

(...) a whole brick taller, and 8 studs longer. It uses the same 24-stud bogey base as the MOT engine, and it's as tall as the top of the MOT engine cab. If you look at the picture, it's tan with a brick-high blue stripe and black tiles around the (...) (23 years ago, 26-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

  A RCX Switch Shed

I created a RCX Switch Shed that can be used to control Train Switch Point by legOS or NQC, please check (URL) (23 years ago, 26-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Does anyone know how to modify a train controler?

(...) I use the standard, unmodified, train controller for technic. Just have it at max power and you have 9 volts. Dean (23 years ago, 26-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

"Jason J. Railton" <j.j.railton@cwcom.net> wrote in message news:GLt490.Lxz@lugnet.com... (...) arrived (...) those (...) [snip] How similar is it to this set? (URL) instructions for it are also available on brickshelf. The 4536 not only included (...) (23 years ago, 26-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  10017 Hopper Wagon - simply a great set

Never mind the Metorliner, my <set:10017> My-Own-Train Hopper Wagon arrived yesterday, and I have to say it is an absolute pleasure to build. It's a return to the classic sets made of bricks, not custom parts. And, for those parts, it's great value. (...) (23 years ago, 26-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Does anyone know how to modify a train controler?

(...) Well, I want to modify mine to output a constant 9V for powering technic motor gadgets (e.g. point motors). I've just got some polarity switches, and I want to fit them on my controller. I've been advised to wire up my own 9V regulator with a (...) (23 years ago, 26-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Does anyone know how to modify a train controler?

My suggestion is to use a RCX and a remote control to control your train, you can lismit highest speed in NQC or legOS program, then your children can use remote control, simpler than regulator. Zhengrong (...) (23 years ago, 26-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Black and White Box

(...) All "legends" sets come in black and white boxes. It is sort of like a classic black and white film thing I guess. Martin (23 years ago, 26-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Black and White Box

I just received the Lego Legends Rail Club Car (Item 10002). The most striking aspect is the box, which is printed in Black & White. Is it normal for this set? Maybe Lego was just in a rush to clear the backlog. Thanks, Andrea (23 years ago, 26-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

  heavy cargo series

Excerpted from (URL) it relates to (cargo) train discussion, but I'm mindful of the TOS ---...--- I've also added solid/heavy cargo containers - they're in the trains section. Here's my favorite of the ten - they're all similarly designed/styled. (...) (23 years ago, 25-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Does anyone know how to modify a train controler?

(...) My solution was to add a resistor over them (picture later). Yes the lowest is 2.9V. By adding a resistor over them all makes i affect the higher settings more than the lower ones. This is right for less that 2.9V is not enough for the motor (...) (23 years ago, 25-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Track combos

Hi all, Can someone tell me what were the reference #s of the two 9V track combos that LEGO used to sell? (does TLC still sell them?) TIA, Pedro (23 years ago, 24-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Does anyone know how to modify a train controler?

(...) You are right. I think it's 2.9 volts or there abouts. Anything less and it's too low. Inside is just mis matched resistors. As you turn the knob up it just pulls more of them out of the circuit. Dean (23 years ago, 24-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 10001 & 10002 arrived today

(...) Just to put closure on the thread, my 20002 arrived 6 days after speaking to customer service, and it's AWSOME! VIVA LEGENDS!!! (23 years ago, 24-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Does anyone know how to modify a train controler?

(...) One might think that the settings (based on 9v max) are 1.5, 3, 4.5, 6, 7.5, and 9, but they aren't. I cannot remember where the scale starts on the speed controller, but I think it is around 3V. Below that setting (3V?), there just isn't (...) (23 years ago, 22-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact