 Trains / *14379 (-20)
  Re: 12 volt track

(...) Which begs the question (or asks for it nicely, anyway): Has anybody ever had any problems with the contacts in 9v train motors getting dirty / corroded? ROSCO (23 years ago, 20-Sep-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 12 volt track - OT

Brit speak? Hahaha. I thought the language was called English... It's you Americans that are changing the words - A refresher course : Color is spelt C-O-L-O-U-R. Aluminium is pronounced Al-u-min-ee-um. The the day comes -before- the month, ie - (...) (23 years ago, 20-Sep-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: GE 44-Tonner

(...) Naaa... the #1 place to shave studs is off the hoods, he has them going right out to the very end but there ought to be end walkways/steps... So shave a stud or two off the hood length. I know that getting him to build 6 wide would be like (...) (23 years ago, 20-Sep-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 12 volt track

(...) Back when I was running 12v track, I found a few tricks to keep the trains running reliably. Clean track is a much bigger issue in 12v than in 9v, due to the sliding (rather than rolling) contacts. The two big problems were that (1) dust (...) (23 years ago, 20-Sep-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Hogworts Express Conversion?

(...) Heh. I got my mania mag today too. :) The caption that accompanies it is "Press a button to magically toss the luggage out of the train." Incidently, the mania mag also has pictures of the HP actors next to their minifigs - thumbs up on the (...) (23 years ago, 20-Sep-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Hogworts Express Conversion?

Troy's Surplus Lego wrote in message ... (...) I just about fell off my chair laughing when I saw that pic (treasure chest flying out top of engine boiler) in the Mania mag. It''s not in any of the HP books, so some Lego designer must have been (...) (23 years ago, 20-Sep-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 12 volt track

Mark Williams wrote in message ... (...) Methylated spirits = Brit speak for NA methyl alcohol, methanol. Rubbing alcohol would probably work fine too. Won't melt the plastic ties unless you leave them soaking in it for a long time. Kevin ---...--- (...) (23 years ago, 20-Sep-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: GE 44-Tonner

(...) Josh (23 years ago, 19-Sep-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: GE 44-Tonner

(...) Hi,John, it's a nice engine,for two reasons: 1) it's 8wide 2) it's 8wide :-)) and also because I've always liked the UP colors. Congratulations to your son! This locomotive reminded me that here in italy we have a US switcher (we call it (...) (23 years ago, 19-Sep-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: GE 44-Tonner

(...) Would it help if I told him to shave off 2 studs in width? ;-) (...) Looks pretty rectangular to me ((URL) and although I agree that the front slopes forward, I would venture to guess that the 1x2x3 extreme slope is *too* angled, but I (...) (23 years ago, 19-Sep-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: GE 44-Tonner

(...) It's an interesting MOC but it doesn't say "44 Tonner" to me. The shape is too rectangular. See the loco Bob Hayes did, he nailed the slopes (the hoods slope down, and the end hoods are not vertical either) much better. Still, it's great work. (...) (23 years ago, 19-Sep-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Another tan building...

(...) Ben, That's a very nice chateau, the landscaping and the windows are great touches. Thanks, George (23 years ago, 19-Sep-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.trains)

  A Container Crane with RCX

I am designing a container crane that can upload/upload container automatically, does anyone have suggestion? Zhengrong (23 years ago, 19-Sep-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Another tan building...

(...) The roof is completely built by black bricks, only in some pictures it looks somewhat brown.... Only a paart of the stable is in brown palisades from "Fort Legoredo" Leg Godt! Ben (23 years ago, 19-Sep-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Another tan building...

Well done, Ben, I really like it with all the lovely details! But where do you got all these brown corner slopes? happy building adrian (23 years ago, 19-Sep-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.trains)

  Re: 12 volt track

(...) Thats from the signal 7860: (URL)While I'm here, what is the best way to clean the track? I figure the (...) It's a kind of alcohol (do not drink it, you would get blind). You can buy it (at lest here in Germany) in any supermarket. My mum (...) (23 years ago, 19-Sep-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 9v vs 12v motors

(...) Yes, but the wheels look of course totally different. (...) Yes, can be done that way, but you need one extra 7865 motor for that. (...) My method is not 100% satisfieing, but I have done conversions for a 9V motor to run it on 12V track. (...) (23 years ago, 19-Sep-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Another tan building...

Hi Folks, to join my train layout and especially to add another building to my tan chateau, I have used the rest of tan bricks to make up a small farm-like building. It is a house with My-Own-Train-parts roof and a stable for two horses. Tke a look (...) (23 years ago, 19-Sep-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.trains) !

  Re: GE 44-Tonner

Hi John and son! (...) high! What will your son build, when he becomes an AFOL and has experienced with SNOT and Co. for a while? Well done! HoMa (23 years ago, 19-Sep-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New ICE-type German DB605 passenger train

(...) (URL) part was used in some police and ambulance cars. It's quite hard to find, but Markus collected it for a long time. Regards, HoMa (23 years ago, 19-Sep-01, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact