 Trains / *13839 (-20)
  Re: Harry Potter / Hogwarts Express MOC teaser pix

(...) To tell you the truth, I was skeptical about making a working gondola... Well David totally proved me wrong! I've spent some time looking at the system (mainly cuz the system sits on my mountain), and I've got it with me anyway. So I took 2 (...) (23 years ago, 9-Aug-01, to lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.castle, lugnet.trains)

  Building an E-6 Atlantic 4-4-2

Hello All, I am building a PRR E-6 Atlantic. It is a class 4-4-2 - I only have four of the large wheels so my choice of prototype was limited. I am just getting the proportions of the engine correct, then I need to get the wheels together and able (...) (23 years ago, 9-Aug-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Harry Potter / Hogwarts Express MOC teaser pix

(...) The gondola was created by David, our youngest member (16 years old). Awesome creation! Unfortunately, David is not online, so I can't give you contact information for him. The gondola had two cars mounted on a fixed length of string. No (...) (23 years ago, 8-Aug-01, to lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.castle, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: Harry Potter / Hogwarts Express MOC teaser pix

Robin, I really do like your HP world, nice idea, especially the Hogwarts Express (I'm actually building one of my own, but you've set level really high), please show us more (detailled) pictures! happy bricking adrian (23 years ago, 8-Aug-01, to lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.castle, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Question for the true train enthusiasts?

(...) well yeah, 100 ton trucks are a newer inovation, seen since the 70-80's? I didn't think about 6-wide, your 8-wide has completly changed my thinking :-) I've also learned slective compresion (that darned modelers licence :-)). i guess with (...) (23 years ago, 8-Aug-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Question for the true train enthusiasts?

(...) Ah, well, I guess I was referring to older, lighter trucks, which probably comprise 95+% of trucks made over the years. But here is something to think about, Josh. Even if a 100 ton truck does measure out to be 3 studs between the wheels, (...) (23 years ago, 8-Aug-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: VLC Toy Train Show Images

(...) Paul did. He's planning on making a female one too. Dean -- Dean Husby LUGNET Member #320 TFM's LEGO Workshop (www.akasa.bc.ca/tfm) The Vancouver LEGO Club (www.akasa.bc.ca/vlc/) (23 years ago, 8-Aug-01, to lugnet.org.ca.vlc, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Question for the true train enthusiasts?

(...) I'm sure John has a picture of a 2 wide space, but if not i can craft up on of each. (23 years ago, 8-Aug-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Question for the true train enthusiasts?

(...) Older trucks have 2, newer, 3 (100 trucks have 3). It seems excessive to me too, but the 1x1 round plates make it look like a 100 ton, or older 70 ton. I use the 2 studs for older rolling stock that has 70 ton trucks, like my 50' gondola. I (...) (23 years ago, 8-Aug-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: VLC Toy Train Show Images

Xandria Husby wrote in message ... (...) Who did the giant blue train minifig? Looks great! Kevin ---...--- Craftsman Lego Kits & Custom models: (URL) Lego parts store: (URL) Lego auctions: (URL) Guild of Bricksmiths: (URL) Lego Web page: (URL) (23 years ago, 8-Aug-01, to lugnet.org.ca.vlc, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Reed sensors are not working very well (or too well?)

(...) I have found that reed switches are very sensitive to the orientation of the magnet and switch. If you lay the reed switch lengthwise along the track, it is sensitive to the couplers between trains, especially between cars where there are two (...) (23 years ago, 7-Aug-01, to lugnet.org.ca.vlc, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Question for the true train enthusiasts?

(...) I pretty much use John's spacing scheme. At first I thought I would do everything three studs between wheelsets, but later I decided to make the wheelsets on my rolling stock two studs apart; it gives a little more space between the trucks and (...) (23 years ago, 7-Aug-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Question for the true train enthusiasts?

Josh and John, I really appreciate you 2 dueling it out over this issue on my account. I'm learning well more than I thought there was to know. Do either of you have a site where I can see pictures of the 2 options? (...) (23 years ago, 7-Aug-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Question for the true train enthusiasts?

(...) 100 ton trucks are the same width between as the wheels are. and there are 3 visible. the ones with 2 springs visible are 70 ton trucks. ;-) can't fool me, Josh (23 years ago, 7-Aug-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Harry Potter / Hogwarts Express MOC teaser pix

(...) Any details on the gondola system? Any pictures which show it more? (23 years ago, 7-Aug-01, to lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.castle, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Harry Potter / Hogwarts Express MOC teaser pix

(...) Very stable. No problem with curves or points. You can't really tell anything from that picture, but I'll have more and better ones soon. There are multiple pivet points of articulation for the large wheels, and I "cheated" by placing tiny (...) (23 years ago, 7-Aug-01, to lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.castle, lugnet.trains)

Nice show. Really good looking engine too. Good design of this on (URL) - is it stable in curves? Do you have some more pictures of that car? (...) 70'ies; the yellow ones. Rgds Sonnich Robin Sather <robinsather@hotmail.com> wrote in message (...) (23 years ago, 7-Aug-01, to lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.castle, lugnet.trains)

  Harry Potter / Hogwarts Express MOC teaser pix

Hi all, Hello all, We (the Vancouver Lego Club) just finished doing a show locally this past weekend, and I thought I'd post a link to some preliminary pictures of the Harry Potter stuff that I created for the show. Sorry for the blurry pix, an (...) (23 years ago, 7-Aug-01, to lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.castle, lugnet.trains)

  BrickFest 2001 Gift Certificate winner.......

And the winner of this years $100 LEGO® Shop at Home Gift Certificate is Drum role please! (URL) behalf of BrickFest I would like to thank LEGO Direct for providing the Gift Certificate. Christina Hitchcock Event Coordinator BrickFest (23 years ago, 7-Aug-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.nclug, lugnet.org.us.wamalug) !

  Re: New train cars at LEGO

Slight Counter Point... Of all the single part juniorized elements the dual slope, 4x6 roof pieces is one I like. I totally agree that the (URL) pieces are great and offer a flat roof line with a ton of flexibility both beat the regular slopes whick (...) (23 years ago, 7-Aug-01, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact