 Trains / 12877
Re: Question for the true train enthusiasts?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 7 Aug 2001 21:33:08 GMT

In lugnet.trains, John Neal writes:

Josh Baakko wrote:

a space of 3's good for modern US rolling stock, with the 5 springs (3 on
outside).
Josh

Nope.  A wheel is 3 studs wide; if you check the measurements on a typical US
truck, you will find that the space between the wheels is less than a wheel width
wide.  And there are 2 springs visible from the side, which can be simulated with a
stack of 1x1 rounds...

-John

100 ton trucks are the same width between as the wheels are.  and there are
3 visible.  the ones with 2 springs visible are 70 ton trucks.
;-) can't fool me,
Josh