 Town / 827
Re: Pictures of GFLTC at GATS Ft Myers on our stie...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town
Date:
Tue, 21 Mar 2000 23:41:00 GMT

I thought the way you were mixing 6 wide busses with 4 wide trucks and containers
was interesting. It certainly has me thinking about this whole 4, 6, 8-wide
thing. Hmmm does that mean I should make my Honda Civic 3 wide since my wife's
minivan is 4 wide? (Just stirring up trouble.)

Also I was wondering about tire size. The bus looks like it has "classic medium
sized" wheels the ones with a technic/expert hub and axel (anyone still use the
"Expert" tag?). I haven't walked by a bus (or truck recently) but do you think
those wheels are more approriate, size wise, than the newer wider truck wheels
[1], or is it just that they more convenient since they are only 1 stud wide as
opposed to the 1.5--2 stud wide truck wheels

Chris

[1] I am refering to the wheels which are being currently used on trucks like the
truck from 4561, or the Yellow LEGO truck, or the Black and Red LEGO Celebration
truck, and nearly every other truck currently being produced.

Robin Werner wrote:

In lugnet.trains.org, Nicholas Allan writes:
Firstly may I congratulate you on quite a brilliant layout, I love the
station.

I really think that the Amtrak diesel in gats00fm11.jpg (a P42?) is
impressive.  How did you the continuation of the tricolour lines on to the
nose of the locomotive?

I used stickers on the front nose, but the rest of the stripe is bricks and
plates. I just couldn't get the nose right with parts. Not the way most of you
would of done it, but it works for me.

Like Bram Lambrecht I would like to see more pictures of the bus.  As I live
in Edinburgh in Scotland I'm trying to model the cream and maroon
double-deckers used by the local bus firm; pictures of such vehicles can be
found by scrolling down on the following page:
http://www.busweb.co.uk/scottish_bus/LRT-2.htm .  As I'm trying to create
the vehicle in four stud-wide scale, I need a little bit of advice.  What
should I use to model the windows (aeroplane windows look alright) and what
about giving the impression of the doors on the vehicle?  Any advice would
be greatly appreciated.

More pictures of the bus coming soon. I used the thin wall window like the one
in 4560/4561 Train set and no door(I'm still looking for good parts for doors
too.) I think 6 wide looks better than 4 wide, o'man here we go...... if a bus
is 6 wide, I guess a train should be 8 wide? DOE!

See Ya...
Robin W.
GFLTC