 Town / 826
Re: What are the companies in your city?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Tue, 21 Mar 2000 06:33:29 GMT

In lugnet.town, Mark Herzberg writes:
I'm very into advertising and such, so my city is full of various companies,
real and made up. What does everyone else have?

I'm building a Serpent-Eleven for my new town of Mini Gardens. It's an all-nite
convenience store with the Mummy's Tomb aten/serpent logo. After that I will
need a second quicky place - maybe a BrickWay - but I think it won't be a brand
name, just a deli. The idea is that no town has just one of these things...

Two banks. One is up, it's really a Chase-Manhattan/Chemical Bank/
Manufacturer's-Hanover branch, but I have to think up a snazzy name. Baseplate-
hattan? Nah.. So I still need a name. Across the street is a Citibank, er,
Minibank. That one was obvious.

So there is this deli supply truck from Boar's Head Brands. I'm thinking, it's
gonna be Bull's Head, driven by one of our new Castle friends.

The other businesses are local, not national brands, and I'm probably naming
them after the real-life businesses they are modeled after. My favorite pizza
place will be there. (It's good to have more than one of some things.) I've done
one laundromat, one video store and one diner in the local business category.
The second video store is probably destined to be BrickBuster. (duck!)