 Town / 829
Re: What are the companies in your city?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Thu, 23 Mar 2000 05:43:01 GMT

In lugnet.town, Mark Herzberg writes:
I'm very into advertising and such, so my city is full of various companies,
real and made up. What does everyone else have?

I just demolished my latest town.  I have many businesses that I have used
repeatedly; here are a few of them

1.  PetroJet.  Colors - Gray, Blue & Black.  Another brand of fuel for my towns
as I already have Exxon, Shell, and Octan.  But PetroJet was designed to serve
primarily the airline industry and currently has no plans to expand into the
retail fuel sales business.  Plans are to ship most fuel by rail car.

2.  A. Scheister, Lawyer.  This legal "professional" had his most recent office
above the local pawn shop.  There may be some affiliation with the pawn shop,
which specializes in reselling electronic equipment, hand tools, and weapons of
destruction (Castle stuff).  Their building gets a lot of attention by the
local police force.

3. Minifig Foods.  A grocery store, typically built with other stores adjacent
like a hardware store, bank, ice cream shop, computer store.

4. Global Cargo.  Colors - Yellow, Blue, Gray (see set 6330)  An air freight
company with plans to add a few delivery trucks in the future.

5. Arrow freight.  Colors - White, Blue, Gray (see sets 6377, 6391, 6541).  A
global shipping enterprise with planes, trucks, cargo containers, ships, and
large-scale shipping terminals.  Known for keeping the runways busy at the
local airport and for causing major highway accidents due to unsecure loads and
poor drivers (Timmy....)

6.  Octan oil refinery.  Has only existed twice in the last several years, but
plans are to erect another facility.  Many trips by Octan fuel truck drivers
originate here.

7.  ADM (Archer Daniels Minifig).  Colors - Yellow, Black, Gray.  Agricultural
commodity processor and shipper.  Currently only assets are two bulk liquid
tanker trucks used for such simulated products as corn syrup, corn oil,
cottonseed oil.  Plans are to construct rail cars for liquid and solid product.

8.  unnamed lumber and building supply company.  Colors - Blue, Black.  Set up
shop on edge of town and provide free delivery of all orders using a fleet of
all-Blue delivery vehicles of various sizes.

9.  unnamed meat wholesaler.  Colors - Red, Gray.  With just two refrigerated
delivery trucks, this company supplies all of the meats consumed in my towns.

10.  unnamed construction company #1.  Colors - Gray, Black.  Serves the
industrial construction needs with one cement truck, two dump trucks, and has
plans for adding a new crane truck.

11.  unnamed construction company #2.  Colors - White, Blue.  Designed for
smaller building projects like houses, this company also has their own cement
truck, plus a fork lift truck, various small trucks, and 3 tractor trailers for
delivery of building supplies.

12.  two competing for-profit ambulance companies.  One has vehicles built like
sets 6680/6380 and the other has vehicles built like set 6666.  Competition
keeps both companies working hard.  Too bad there have never been any hospitals
to take people to in case of medical emergency.

The remainder of my towns are inundated with fire trucks and fire stations,
police vehicles and police stations, tow trucks, multiple gasoline stations and
car repair shops, but few--if any--houses.  Houses get built last and that
means no space to build them and not enough good pieces like windows left to
make very good houses.

    Kevin Salm
    ....The biggest fan of the Gray Lego brick....