 Town / 7430
Re: Dial 'M' for Muppet
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Tue, 4 May 2004 09:31:14 GMT

In lugnet.town, Bruce Hietbrink wrote:
   Mike, What about Bob? He was always my favorite of the humans.

I did originally have him in there, but everyone I showed it to kept asking me, “who’s that guy?” I thought Bob was cool, too. I made him with the Harry Potter head, brown minifig male hair, the white shirt from the Han Solo figure in the skiff set, some brown pants, and I also put the flute from the Harry Potter Forbidden Corridor set in his hand (because, if I remember right, he was a musician on the show, and I saw him with a flute most of all). Still, no one but me got who he was supposed to be.

   You mention that you will be displaying this for kids and would be less likely to include characters they wouldn’t know. I think Mr. Hooper died several years ago (I may be wrong, I remember hearing this and being sad when I was a teenager), but he’s such an iconic character to me that I wouldn’t reccommend removing him.

Yeah, I’m definitely keeping Hooper.

   If you are looking to expand this, the area off to the right where Big Bird lives would be fairly easy to build, and a good place to include Mr. Snuffaluffagus

Big Bird’s little nest area was part of my original plan, but the display case this will be going into isn’t very wide. As it is, I’m not even sure if it’ll fit now (it’s 15 inches across at its widest). But, I figure there’s a chance this could end up in a larger display someday, like a train layout perhaps, so I could tack on Bird’s area, as well as build sides and backs for the building fronts, to make it look more like a complete neighborhood.

   Where are you going to display this? Something like a kids’ museum or a library? I can imagine any such venue that caters to kids would love to have this on display.

Once I get the word that it’s OK, the plan is to have it in a display case at the LEGO store near where I live. Only temporarily, but for a good amount of time at least.

-Mike