 Town / 7418
Re: Dial 'M' for Muppet
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Mon, 3 May 2004 04:27:23 GMT

In lugnet.town, Andreas Stabno wrote:
   my two year old daughter very quickly recognized most of the characters. In order, she discovered Elmo, “grouchy”, cookie monster, big bird, and “the counting guy”. She recognized Super grover and Ernie once I pointed them out, but struggled with Kermit.

I can understand why she wouldn’t get Kermit. He was more famous for being on The Muppet Show, and when he was on Sesame Street, a lot of the time he had a trench coat, hat and microphone and was supposed to be a reporter. I’m not sure if they have him on doing the reporter thing anymore, but he used to do it all the time back in the day!

Actually, I’m glad you mentioned this about a smaller child not recognizing him. This diorama is possibly going to be on public display soon, and a lot of kids would be seeing it; so, I wouldn’t really want to have anything in there they wouldn’t know. Maybe I’ll rebuild him in the reporter outfit, or just lose him altogether and replace him with Bert or Snuffleupagus.

-Mike