 Town / 7414
Re: Dial 'M' for Muppet
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Sun, 2 May 2004 16:24:58 GMT

Der Swedish Chef iz dankin youz fer der koompliments, yubetcha! Bork! Bork! Bork!

Thank you very much, guys! It’s great to see so many fans of the felt!

I had been wanting to do something Town for a while, and since Sesame Street is one of the most famous neighborhoods around, I thought they might translate well. I really just used the old Fisher Price Sesame Street playset from way back when as a guide for the buildings. But, the characters were all so burned into my mind from years spent mere inches away from the television set as a youth, mesmerized by such mantras as, “C is for Cookie,” and “Swamp Mushy Muddy,” that I was able to do them all from memory. I still have the occasional nightmare about that freaky game show host, Guy Smiley! :-)

I think I’ll definitely have to expand into The Muppet Show -- Dr. Teeth is just too cool to go unbuilt.

-Mike