 Town / 6076
Re: New MOC: HVFD Truck 12 - A 1997 Seagrave 100' Tiller
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Mon, 21 Apr 2003 18:38:39 GMT

In lugnet.town, Roy Gal writes:
Hi all,
  In a few days of semi-fervent construction, I have nearly completed the first
vehicle to go with my large fire station
(http://news.lugnet.com/build/?n=13204).
It is a model of a 1997 Seagrave 100' Tiller Ladder Truck. Pics are on
BrickShelf (upon moderation) at

A not-so-good picture of the real thing is at
http://www.montgomerycountymd.gov/mc/services/dfrs/station/12/t127085.jpg

Thanks for checking it out! Any suggestions for improvements are most welcome.

Roy

Hi Roy,

I was checking this out this morning....as well as your station over the
past few days....both quite nice. The station has a medical unit with it?
What do they do at the real station AFA medical goes? Is it an intermediary
btwn the 'accident' and the hospital?

I like the ladder on the tiller, I find the regular Lego ladders a bit
limiting. We have Seagraves here in NYC as well and one thing I noticed is
that the rear drivers cab seems to extend outward more than the storage
compartments underneath. Kind of the way I made mine here:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Jonathanlopes/Fire/apparatus/rigs.jpg

Also, How do you feel about the scale of the tiller to that of the station?
The truck looks a little big to me, no?

Nonetheless, both the station and the rig are quite impressive.

Thanks,
Jonathan