 Town / 6073
Re: New MOC: HVFD Truck 12 - A 1997 Seagrave 100' Tiller
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Mon, 21 Apr 2003 15:19:10 GMT

In lugnet.town, Roy Gal writes:
Hi all,
  In a few days of semi-fervent construction, I have nearly completed the first
vehicle to go with my large fire station
(http://news.lugnet.com/build/?n=13204).
It is a model of a 1997 Seagrave 100' Tiller Ladder Truck. Pics are on
BrickShelf (upon moderation) at

Some deep links:
The cab has been reworked, changing the window config and adding raisable
lights:

The trailer has a fully rotating, raisable ladder; I need to get some more
parts to make further segments. It is also fully loaded with tools:

The entire vehicle has lots of operating doors and other features:

A not-so-good picture of the real thing is at
http://www.montgomerycountymd.gov/mc/services/dfrs/station/12/t127085.jpg

Thanks for checking it out! Any suggestions for improvements are most welcome.

Roy

Roy-

That is a very intricate fire engine!  I like the overall design as well as
the various compartments.  When I saw the initial pictures from the other
post I thought the cab face the opposite direction...hehe...looked more like
a classic roadster so that's why I thought it was rather interesting.
Anyway...that ladder design is one I have not seen before...cool!
Keep it up!

ciao&salaam
-Andrew

GardenSLUG