 Town / 6071
Re: New MOC: HVFD Truck 12 - A 1997 Seagrave 100' Tiller
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Mon, 21 Apr 2003 13:23:09 GMT

The hanging things in the engine bay are our PlymoVent exhaust system - the
yellow flexible hose attaches to the vehicle exhaust, and when you turn on an
engine, a big fan sucks exhaust out of the building.
As for raising the roof -- that's a good idea. I need to make the engine bay
one brick taller anyway, so if I decide to work on it, I might add rafters...

Thanks!
Roy

In lugnet.town, Travis Kunce writes:
wow... this is super extensive and how do you say monsterous?  I wonder if
you could raise up the roof above the garage and replace some of those grey
plates with thechnic beams pinned together in rows to simulate rafters.
What are the things that are hanging from the roof?

good work

-tk

"Roy Gal" <rrg@pha.jhu.edu> wrote in message news:HDoE17.JA1@lugnet.com...
Hi all,
   In a few days of semi-fervent construction, I have nearly completed the • first
vehicle to go with my large fire station
(http://news.lugnet.com/build/?n=13204).
It is a model of a 1997 Seagrave 100' Tiller Ladder Truck. Pics are on
BrickShelf (upon moderation) at

Some deep links:
The cab has been reworked, changing the window config and adding raisable
lights:

The trailer has a fully rotating, raisable ladder; I need to get some more
parts to make further segments. It is also fully loaded with tools:

The entire vehicle has lots of operating doors and other features:

A not-so-good picture of the real thing is at
http://www.montgomerycountymd.gov/mc/services/dfrs/station/12/t127085.jpg

Thanks for checking it out! Any suggestions for improvements are most • welcome.

Roy