 Town / 5168
Re: Academy of Music: Version Two
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Wed, 11 Sep 2002 04:40:39 GMT

In lugnet.town, Bruce Hietbrink writes:
Hey, this is great.  The new cornice is really good.  How did you attach
those white 2x4 plates that have their bottoms facing out?

Bruce

Thanks for the comments.  I'll do my best to explain it in words.  The 2x4
plates were attached as follows...

On a 2xX surface (in this case the 2xX red plates which are the highest red on
the facade) I started by placing red 1xX bricks along the inside of the
building.  On the outside I put down 1xX white tiles.  On top of the inside 1xX
red bricks I then put down technic beams.  I stuck jumper bricks, regularly
spaced, along these beams so that the bottom of the jumper brick faces out.  It
was to these jumper bricks that I attached the 2x4 plates.  2xX white plates
along the top complete the cornice so that there are no gaps from the front
(though you see the technic beams from the back).  Not only does this give you
the back of the white plates, but they are set back about a quarter of a stud,
giving it some depth.

Hope that makes sense.

Thanks again!

David Kohrman