 Town / 5158
Re: Academy of Music: Version Two
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Tue, 10 Sep 2002 16:29:09 GMT

In lugnet.announce.moc, David Kohrman writes:
Becoming increasingly disatisfied with my previous effort to model the Academy
of Music, a now demolished Louis Sullivan bldg in Kalamazoo Michigan, I decided
to tear it down and build new.

The new version is larger and more detailed.  It includes a fire escape,
detailed storefronts, and a more realistic cornice.  Compared to the old it is
a vast improvement imo.

The resulting efforts with a detailed description and history can be found
here...

http://homepages.wmich.edu/~d9kohrma/legoacademy.html

Or you can go straight to the brickshelf gallery to view all of the pictures as
well as pictures of the older version.

Enjoy and let me know what you think!  Thanks!

David Kohrman

Hi David,
I think you really brought this model to life! It looks great. Taking the
photographing it outside really adds a lot too. I really like the street
level changes/additions as well as the wider windows on the other levels.

Congrats!
Jonathan