 Town / 496
Re: If Lego made new Town sets... what should they be?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Sun, 23 Jan 2000 22:16:04 GMT

In lugnet.town, Paul Baulch writes:

Kevin Wilson <70641.507@compuserve.com> wrote in message
<385AFF77.E7AD3E9A@compuserve.com>...
If Lego were to make new, non-juniorised Town sets, what would you like
them to be? My top ten would be:

[snip!]

What about everyone else?

Kevin

Here's my top ten (in no particular order):

1. Radio-telescope station. >
2. Telescope observatory.
3. Oil Rig
4. Airport Terminal, but modular.
5. Police Station!  ;-)
6. Windmill.
7. There's a few farming/construction/mining vehicles I'd like to see,
8. Some architecture/minifigs that weren't so Western-centric
9. Anything military.
10. Road plates with wires built into them,

Cheers,
Paul
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Shuttle/5168/

And I thought a nice little house might be a good place to start!

These were very popular in the past, maybe a balance is required between
the 'action' sets and the 'model' sets. Both have potentially the same play-
value but would a "boring" house or Radio-Telescope station sell in amongst
the 'instant excitement' toys? Who cares, I'd buy them!*

In addition to Paul's list I'd like to see some everyday stuff like factories
and processing plants/lumber yards etc - too unglamourous for most?

Nice idea about the road plates but this effectively means a complete new
theme almost as big as trains and we've all seen how little support TLG has
given these recently...

Jon

* as long as they were not 'one-piece' Lego sets (nightmare of Town Jr. in the
21st Century)