 Town / 448
Re: Bulk Ordering - Results Revealed
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Sun, 16 Jan 2000 04:34:54 GMT

In lugnet.town, Sanjay D'Souza writes:
Good spotting.  That's the bank set from 1988, #1490 sold only through Shop
at Home in the US.

If you think you still have it I suggest you hop on the next train/plane/bus
back to Mordensville and get it as it's worth quite a bit now.

It's one of only two bank sets released in LEGOLAND, the other being the Town
Jr version released in 1997 which pales in comparison.

http://www.lugnet.com/pause/search/?query=1490
Lugnet states the year as 1990 but my instructions show 1988.

http://www.lugnet.com/pause/search/?query=6566
The 1997 version

Wow, I've never seen this set before, and the town jr. bank does not only pale
in comparision... it's fading away... it looks more like a ghost now... :-)

BTW, great job, Sanjay!

-Shiri

Kya Morden wrote:

I must say, wow.  Looks like a professional lego set up.  Is that red
building the bank that showed up around 88 or so?  I seem to recall
builiding that thing at one point in time in my life.  (My legos are
about 1700 miles away so I can't check at the moment)