 Town / 4405
Re: MOC: Union Station - Kansas City, MO
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.ks, lugnet.loc.us.mo.kan
Date:
Mon, 18 Mar 2002 17:53:26 GMT

Mark Chan wrote:

After 3 years of planning and 6 months of building, I am pleased to announce
the completion of the main section of Union Station, modeled after the real
building in Kansas City, MO.

Congratulations, Mark!  You have created a very pleasing and innovative MOC
here!  Well done!  Among your original techniques I noticed and enjoyed the most
is your method of compression.

I know that when constructing large buildings in the minilands, TLC will start
off with 1:20 on the ground level, but switch to MF scale on successive floors.
You appear to have completely compressed the station to HO scale (about 1/2 MF
scale), and yet make it work for MF scale!  So, at the same time the model can
appear compressed or uncompressed, depending upon the presence of MFs.  Very
creative:-)

-John