 Town / 3930
Re: New LEGO Racers
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town, lugnet.year.2002
Date:
Fri, 14 Dec 2001 12:34:54 GMT

In lugnet.town, Bradley Dale writes:
In lugnet.town, Nick Cameron writes:
    I havn't been here awhile, anything changed?

Some people have found the 2002 Star Wars and Alpha Team, but you probably saw
them too. • Haven't seen any starwars yet. I got this altha team squid sub.

    Anyway, I just got one of the new 2002 lego racers sets,

Which one?

It has 2 cars, 1 green, one orange, and a ramp. I forget the name.

and... well...
it is what the original racers SHOULD have been. They are MUCH better than
the old 4 piece ones. They have new pull-back motors, which are better
(smaller) than the ones in the dragsters. The new ones are 5 plates high, 2
wide, 4 long, and have a plate coming out of the front 3 studs long. The
wheels are the same as normal car wheeles, but have 4 little notches around
the place where the axle goes. Thats something new on the wheels, so you
can't attach old castle wheels to it ): .

Can you attach the new Racers wheels to the old 2 X 2 Plate With Wheel Holder,
or any other method of wheel attachment (Technic pegs/axles?)?

They can connect to the normal castle and town wheel holders, but you can't
put on a technic wheel. The big
racer(dragstershttp://guide.lugnet.com/set/6616) connected with axles, though.

The guys are like the short guys
in the other racers sets, but have minifigure heads.

Can you remove the head and put it on a standard mini-figure?

Yes, one car comes with the head from the aquashark without the hook, and
the other from Achu, from the Adventurers. Too bad it only comes with their
heads.

These sets are pretty good, and I actually think I got my 8 bucks worth, for 2
cars and a ramp.

NICK