 Town / 3929
Re: SFD Rescue Engine 20 (& engine 25, & a semi)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Thu, 13 Dec 2001 04:40:38 GMT

In lugnet.town, Jonathan Lopes writes:

The Tiller (cab & trailer) design?  Here is a great tiller (5th row down,
"ladder1_0" through "ladder1_5"):

Also I'd check on MAALFD:
http://hometown.aol.com/MAALFD/MAALFD.html

Or Rodney Gentry's WoodChuck Fire & Rescue (actully where My engine #20 idea
came from):
http://members.aol.com/whstlpig05/Woodchuckmain.html

Josh

Yeah, Tiller, thanks, I knew there was a proper name for it.
I like his tower trucks best, specifically the tower part. While I think the
stuff is really good & detailed, it's a little busy for my taste. (only my
opinion....they certainly give me many ideas though).

Thanks again for the links.

Jonathan

BUSY???  :o)  (j/k)
I am interested though.  How so?  I realize the use of gray doors does
offset the overall looks of my trucks, but since the only set that has the
gray fold out doors available in red is the 5571 Black Cat truck (and only
one, at that) I kinda have to stick to gray for the time being.  If you look
at some of Chicagos trucks, specifically the HME/Luverne engines, before
powder coating of the doors was wide spread (substitute to painting the roll
up doors) all of theirs were gray.  Believe it or not, I really didnt like
them in that color.  I may do some in red eventually, make the trucks look
better.  The trucks at my volley station (real life here) use gray roll up
doors, but those trucks are yellow (With respects to Eric McD,  The ones
from my paid dept (real job.....ummmm...place of employment)are traditional
red. (Engine 2)
(http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=9019)

Looks like the fire apparatus community is coming back to life around here
(good thing, I was getting worried)
Time for me to head back to the ol' lego drawing board and kick some more
trucks out.  Been spending too much time doing other town related stuff.

....and yes, guys.  Contrary to popular belief, I am still checking the
boards from time to time.  If you emailed me and I didnt respond for some
reason, I do apologize.

Rodney Gentry
Woodchuck County Fire and Rescue
http://members.aol.com/whstlpig05/Woodchuckmain.html