 Town / 3931
Re: SFD Rescue Engine 20 (& engine 25, & a semi)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Fri, 14 Dec 2001 14:09:14 GMT

While I think the
stuff is really good & detailed, it's a little busy for my taste. (only my
opinion....they certainly give me many ideas though).

Thanks again for the links.

Jonathan

BUSY???  :o)  (j/k)
I am interested though.  How so?  I realize the use of gray doors does
offset the overall looks of my trucks, but since the only set that has the
gray fold out doors available in red is the 5571 Black Cat truck (and only
one, at that) I kinda have to stick to gray for the time being.

Bearing in mind that the only apparatus I have 'noticed'(1) have been FDNY
stuff. The use of grey doors did detract from the models in my opinion, bur
after looking through the various pages that people have directed me to, I
see that quite a few of your models are 'right on' AFA detail is concerned.

Something that stayed with me through the years from the time I was a kid
'playing' with lego, was imagination. I had a very modest collection & had
to 'imagine' all the doors & details on everything I built. The parts that
are available to me now help me out, but I still, & probably always will
'imagine' details.

I am very pleased to see all the interest in fire apparatus as well. Like
quite a few of my friends & colleagues, living in NYC, through Sept. 11th, I
have a renewed appreciation for Emergency Personel & what they sacrifice for
us. This has opened my eyes to creating vehicles & Fire houses.

Best,

Jonathan

(1) Fire trucks were always there, I just notice them more now.