 Town / 3875
Re: SFD Rescue Engine 20 (& engine 25, & a semi)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Thu, 6 Dec 2001 04:20:54 GMT

wow, you've been busy. You have quite a bit of apparatus there. I can't
believe how high your tower truck goes. I like your bush trucks as well.

Thanks, most of these have developed over the years, some were never put
into service, and I must admit that i lost a few of the pics.

I have been looking at the trucks in NYC & they don't seem to have as much
going on as these. Maybe it is because the doors to various compartments • are
usually red & they don't stand out as much. There only seems to be a • certain
number of different styles of trucks as well. Specifically 3 (aside from
older equipment). There is a pumper, that can be seen everywhere (all the
same style),  a ladder truck (same deal), & a tower truck (the famous '21
truck' style) which I have seen in all the boroughs. (they just recently
replaced a tiller in the Bronx with one of these).

I imagine I will be seeing all kinds of new apparatus soon being that 93
trucks were destroyed on Sept 11th. :/

I have gone to the Seagrave, E-one & Pierce websites for ideas...are there
anyothers I should check out?

You could also check out the www.americanlafrance.com  website, which is
very good, had lots of pics and specs. far better than the other companies.

Thanks for posting the pix.

Jonathan

Aaron