 Year / 2002 / 301
Re: New LEGO Racers
Newsgroups:
lugnet.year.2002
Date:
Tue, 29 Jan 2002 15:15:11 GMT

In lugnet.year.2002, Steve Barber wrote:

I'm really enjoying the 2002 Racers series. Cheap fun! And there are
actually six different types of pull-back motors, each with different
torque & acceleration characteristics. Check out
http://www.lego.com/racers for details, the stuff about the motors isn't
obvious from the box.

Pretty interesting.  I've only got 4583, so I haven't been able to do
any side-by-side motor comparisions.  Anyone done any time trials with
real parts?

I'm embarassed to admit, though, that I haven't figured out how to make
the alternate models for 4583 Maverick Storm with the provided pieces.
Something seems amiss. Anyone figured these out?

Yeah, they weren't too much of a problem.  Except that working on them
exposed some plate warpage I hadn't noticed before. :(

Steve