 Year / 2002 / 297
Re: New LEGO Racers
Newsgroups:
lugnet.year.2002, lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 27 Jan 2002 01:20:25 GMT

In lugnet.year.2002, Steve Barber writes:
I'm really enjoying the 2002 Racers series. Cheap fun! And there are
actually six different types of pull-back motors, each with different
torque & acceleration characteristics. Check out
http://www.lego.com/racers for details, the stuff about the motors isn't
obvious from the box.

WOW! Cool...I hadn't even noticed this until you posted...the motor type is
indicated by the stick shift graphic attached to the words "PULL BACK MOTOR"
on the Racers boxes...I went out shopping and just caught on. (Obviously I
noticed the size and power difference between my Red Bullet and my Nitro
Pulverizer, but chalked that up to the size difference in the sets)

The web site really gives you the low down on the different motors, but it
would have been nice if the packaging had played this up a bit...it's a
clever idea, and it's wasted without the web site information.

(I don't care for the rest of the backstory stuff on the site though...once
again, LEGO is trying to establish the play pattern of the toy, instead of
letting kids imaginations take care of that part...a shame, really)

Matt