 Town / 22
Re: Town 2000?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Wed, 22 Sep 1999 03:22:57 GMT

Sanjay wrote:
It's getting to that time of the year when the LEGO range for next year >is revealed.  Below is a list of Town sets I reckon TLG may release >next year.

Hmmm... let's not get depressed here by thinking about what Lego
probably will release... how about what we think they *should* release
if we had our druthers! I vote for stuff they have either never made or
not since the 70's, or are very hard to get...

All non-juniorised sets, of course, with detailed interiors and
appropriate minifigs:

Monorail (light rapid transit type thing) including track with switches,
and stations
Add-on track for monorail
Factory
Office Tower
Apartment complex
variety of houses
Hospital
Sports fields of several kinds, with equipment and players
Small shops of various kinds
School

Service packs:
*Trees pack with cypress trees, large and small conifers, decidouse, and
palm
*Fences pack with 2-high lattice fences, white & maybe other colors, and
GATES! Plus rail fences, railings in curved and straight sections (with
gates to match)
* windows pack with a variety of sizes (including the 1x4x6 3-section
new windows, and the new bay windows, but with clear glass, not blue)
and colors. All come with removable glass. Window frames which take
mullions but without the stupid "ears" for shutters! Double-hung sash
style windows!
* doors pack with a variety of types and colors, especially the pairs of
R/L glass doors in white and grey
*Several different minifig packs
* slopes in ALL the different colors in both low and high slope, WITH
CORNERS, and inverted slopes ditto
* seats in different colors
* Decorated slopes, tiles and 1x2's for cash registers and telephones
and computers
* mailboxes
* animals
* bicyles in different colors, and bring back 2-wheeled motorcycles!
* a DECENT hair and hats selection: no chefs hats or top hats, fewer
baseball caps, more variety of hats, and grey and blond hair in M and F,
red hair in M style, both female hair styles and how about more than one
kind of male hair?
* containers: crates, pallets, barrels, oil drums, suitcases, packing
cases,parcels, etc etc
* Tiles! by color, all sizes.
* plates in all colors, including green,grey and pink
* train stuff... I won't open that can of worms
* All colors of baseplates in 32x32, 32x16 and 16x16
* cupboards and drawers in various colors
* fire equipment (hoses, cabinet doors, ladders, etc etc)

dream on.... <g>