 Town / 2151
Re: Residential and Commercial balance?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Sat, 20 Jan 2001 22:16:40 GMT

In lugnet.town, Dave Amos writes:
This question goes out to all members with lego cities.  Do you have a
proportionate amout of living space (ie. apartments, houses) to support the
other buildings you have?

BM: I think if I did this, I would have to have a football stadium size
layout of town with lots of residential areas

For instance, can all your minifigs citizens call
a place home?

BM: I think this is basically the same question as the above one...whether
or not, I'll just say my town would need to be huge...

And do you have a huge police station or mall for the number
of people living there?  I personally dont think this is a big deal, but I
was wondering how others felt on the issue.

BM: I have several police stations, fire stations, a couple of different
cargo centers (delivery center, cargo center (both new AND old), 2
different airport sets (using them for different terminals), 2 port piers
(both seaports), the marina, both truck stops, hospital just to name a few.
I have a few houses (holiday home, and rocky river retreat, as well as
basic set 725, which makes an excellent prototype for a house).
I plan on buying a couple of "classic" houses and a few more 715 sets,
but too many houses are "boring" in my opinion.
I am also planning on putting up one or two different appartment buildings
in my town, but have other priorities for my collection (want Fort
Legoredo, Metroliner, and Metro Park and Service Station)
I also like the idea of intigrating other themes into my town (I have
used several castle sets as administration buildings (city hall, mayor's
house, etc.), the Pirate Theme Naval sets as naval fortresses, and think
the train series makes an excellent route of transportation for people
and cargo.