 Town / 2102
Re: Residential and Commercial balance?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Fri, 12 Jan 2001 20:32:22 GMT

In lugnet.town, Dave Amos writes:
This question goes out to all members with lego cities.  Do you have a
proportionate amout of living space (ie. apartments, houses) to support the
other buildings you have?  For instance, can all your minifigs citizens call
a place home?  And do you have a huge police station or mall for the number
of people living there?  I personally dont think this is a big deal, but I
was wondering how others felt on the issue.

My town has 8 residential spaces (two houses, 2 condos, 3 apartments in one
building, and a apartment-over-the-store arrangement.  But the 8 spaces only
house 11 figs, so I use the train station as an access point for a slew of
commuters to fill up the rest of the town (about 14 more).  And with the
beach front, there are a lot of day-trippers. Parking is actually a problem.
I had to get rid of the police station, because it became to big and I
wanted to do other things with the space. Now I like the idea of the police
swarming in from out of town.