 Town / 2020
Re: Residential and Commercial balance?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Fri, 5 Jan 2001 09:12:23 GMT

Dave:

This question goes out to all members with lego cities.

I can't say I have a LEGO city as such. It is more like a few
buildings placed here and there, but I will answer anyway.

Do you have a proportionate amout of living space (ie.
apartments, houses) to support the other buildings you have?

Hmmm???

Living space (counting sleeping places):

4 - http://hugin.ldraw.org/LEGO/By/Huse/#hvidt.nr.1
2 - http://hugin.ldraw.org/LEGO/By/Huse/#blaat.nr.4
6 - Another one of Katrine's houses
2 - My sky-scraper apartment

Total: 14

Other buildings (counting jobs):

1 - http://hugin.ldraw.org/LEGO/By/Huse/#kiosk
1 - http://hugin.ldraw.org/LEGO/By/Huse/#posthus
3 - http://hugin.ldraw.org/LEGO/By/Huse/#politistation
1 - http://hugin.ldraw.org/LEGO/Milj%F8er/Bregnerod/#poelsevogn
5 - City X'ers design studios in the sky-scraper
3 - Boat house down on the pier

Total: 14

But then there are a few boats, trains, a lot of commercial
vehicles, and the construction of the new S&J sky-scraper
that haven't been included.

For instance, can all your minifigs citizens call a place
home?

No. Neither a place to work.

And do you have a huge police station or mall for the number
of people living there?

No.

I personally dont think this is a big deal, but I was
wondering how others felt on the issue.

I try to balance things, but I prefer to build cars and houses.

Play well,

Jacob
--
"We will be restoring normality as soon as we are sure what is normal anyway."