 Town / 2104
Re: Residential and Commercial balance?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Sat, 13 Jan 2001 03:23:32 GMT

In lugnet.town, Dave Amos writes:
This question goes out to all members with lego cities.  Do you have a
proportionate amout of living space (ie. apartments, houses) to support the
other buildings you have?  For instance, can all your minifigs citizens call
a place home?

I have only a small handfull of houses, i think that Commercial buildings
are more interesting, but if i had more space i defently would venture into
houses, condos, town houses, and apartments in a larger number.  Right now
only around 20 of my some 400 minifigs have a "home".  But I am also planing
out a large apartment/office tower in town, possibly have to hold 50-100
minifigs.  I have a shelf that will be getting a few houses (hope the
minifigs like living next to a Shell gas station).

And do you have a huge police station or mall for the number
of people living there?

I have now mall, althoght i used to, but i found it unfeesable for the
number of people in my town (at least for now).  I currently only have 3
"stores", but i also have a fast food restaurant, and street corner
merchants selling various products.  I think my Police station takes up too
much room.  But i have no idea what to do with it, considering my town seems
to have alot of lawbrakers, my police dept had to stop calling people to
remind them of how many tickets they have, cause it costed to much.  The
people just have to find out for them selves.

I personally dont think this is a big deal, but I
was wondering how others felt on the issue.

Josh