 Town / 1339
Re: Soccer buses
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Fri, 28 Jul 2000 21:19:19 GMT

I think that 2x2 round disk tiles would make good "hub caps" for the 2x2
stud wheels on the soccer buses.  Use either gray or the team color 2x2 round
disk tiles.

One issue might be the thickness that the 2x2 round disk tiles adds to the
wheel.  I haven't tried this, but I can imagine that the tile might stick out
too far from the side of the bus and be visually unappealing.

Just a thought...

later,
James Mathis

In lugnet.town, Mark Herzberg writes:
In lugnet.town, Bradley Dale writes:
In lugnet.town, Brendan Coughlin writes:
The buses really don't look all that bad.  However, I'm wondering if those
wheels can be changed somehow.  Those are the most god-awful wheels I've • ever
seen.  Can the wheels that have been on the trucks for the past 6 years or • so
be put on somehow?  I just need a red and white bus for my modified red • train
station (whatever the number is) to a bus hub.

Brendan
Duck360198@aol.com

The wheels are kind of ugly, but I don't think they realy hurt the bus.  It
looks like you could use the more decorative Adventurer car wheels, althouhgh
that doesn't really make sense for a bus.  Try it anyway.

I think it will actually look nice with the Adventurers wheels. That's what I
am going to do. I'm going to have a fleet of three buses, red/white to match
the monorail, as well as a fourth blue/white bus that will be used for
something (airport shuttle, tours or something). Now I'm trying to decide what
colour wheels to use. I don't like tan. Dark grey or light grey?